SAP Cloud ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) is included in your cloud subscription with SAP Enterprise Support, cloud editions.Impact on Implementation
- Accelerate time to value
- Reduce cost of implementation
- Ensure business continuity
- Reduce cost of operations
SAP Cloud ALM
SAP Cloud ALM is a cloud-based tool for application lifecycle management (ALM). It is cloud-native and open.
SAP Cloud ALM is for the Intelligent Enterprise.
SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation Value Proposition
SAP Cloud ALM accelerates time to market and reduces the cost of implementation.
- SAP Cloud ALM gives customers the power and insight to drive their SAP cloud implementation project.
- Customers and their partners are guided on all implementation steps.
- They are empowered to run their implementation project:
- Onboard team members to the project, assign them to tasks, and steer the project.
- Understand best practices processes and tasks for implementation.
- Correctly scope, execute Fit-to-Standard workshops, manage requirements, tests, and the successful go-live of the project.
Content-Driven Implementation Projects
SAP Cloud ALM for Operations Value Proposition
SAP Cloud ALM for operations enables you to ensure business continuity in your SAP landscape by monitoring and alerting. It helps you to increase operational efficiency by automating operational tasks and avoid anomalies by proactive problem prediction.
- SAP Cloud ALM empowers customers to understand the health of their SAP business solutions:
- Provides full stack monitoring and alerting covering business processes, integration, users, applications, and health of cloud services and systems
- Allows to conduct root cause analysis on technical as well as on business process level
- Acts as a collaboration platform between LOB and IT
- SAP Cloud ALM enables customers to increase operational efficiency by automating corrective actions as well as regular operation tasks.
- SAP Cloud ALM helps to predict anomalies in business process and application operations by event correlation and learning from the collected data using AI for IT Operations (AIOP).
- SAP Cloud ALM provides transparency regarding availability of business services, including business downtimes, business events, and business Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Access the latest version of the SAP Cloud ALM road map in the SAP Road Map Explorer.
SAP Cloud ALM provides the harmonized implementation experience for the Intelligent Enterprise, covering all relevant SAP solutions for all customers.
To design the to-be solution, complete the following steps:
- Start with SAP standard content (SAP Best Practices and Intelligent Enterprise scenarios).
- Follow the SAP enterprise architecture model.
- Model custom solution processes.
- Value flows
- Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) diagrams
- Manage Fit-to-Standard workshops.
Content available for SAP S/4HANA and SAP SuccessFactors.
- Capture and manage requirements along solution processes.
- BPMN edit capabilities
- SAP Ariba
- Customer documentation
To manage all build activities, complete the following steps:
- Start with the SAP Activate methodology roadmaps.
- Manage your project with tasks based on SAP Activate methodology roadmaps.
- Provides a Gantt chart to analyze dependencies.
- Integrated analytics showing always up-to-date information project.
- Define phases, sprints, and milestones for agile projects.
- Break down requirements into user stories and tasks.
- Upload results of SAP Readiness Check to manage follow-up in a conversion project.
SAP Cloud ALM enables you to manage all tests in one central place:
- Manage all tests from user acceptance to integration tests.
- Prepare test cases for manual testing.
- Integration of automatic test execution engines for SAP S/4HANA test automation tool.
- Planned integration of test automation tool by Tricentis via open interface.
- Test preparation and execution analytics.
- Upload/Download test cases.
- Defect Management
- Test Plans
- Integration of Tricentis test automation
SAP Cloud ALM provides end-to-end traceability.Customer Testimonial
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited, Bangalore, India
- Industry: Cross-industry: High tech and professional services
- Employees: 22,000
- Revenue: €1 billion
- Featured Solutions: SAP® Cloud ALM and SAP Services and Support
Syed Yousuff, Practice Head, Cloud, IT Infrastructure and ALM, Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited
SAP Cloud ALM provides standardized and automated operations for the Intelligent Enterprise.
SAP Cloud ALM enables you to detect, analyze, and resolve problems based on full stack monitoring.
SAP Cloud ALM detects operational issues in business process execution and reacts to it as follows:
- Provides transparency into end-to-end business processes within a distributed solution landscape
- Ensures business continuity to increase business process execution quality and performance
- Monitors the health of processes and detects anomalies during process execution, including drill down into business documents
- Alerts users directly on process disruptions, including automated problem resolution
- Delivers pre-defined process content, including auto-discovery of relevant business process KPIs to be switched on
SAP Cloud ALM ensures reliable data exchange between cloud services and systems as follows:
- End-to-End monitoring by correlating single messages to end-to-end message flows across cloud services and systems
- Monitoring of integration related exceptions
- Support of peer-to-peer interfaces as well as orchestrated integration
- Support of efficient problem resolution process and collaboration between business and IT:
- Monitoring to visualize current integration status
- Alerting to inform responsible persons in business and IT
- Search and track to identify business-driven problems
- Analytics to analyze identified critical issues
- Operation automation to trigger corrective activities
SAP Cloud ALM enables you to understand performance and utilization from end user perspective as follows:
- Provides transparency regarding performance as experienced by end users as well as utilization of business functionality
- Measurement at front end and server side to identify actual root cause of performance problems (front end, network, cloud services, and/or systems)
- Utilization of SAP Passport technology allows to you correlate performance data measured at front end, cloud service, and/or system side
SAP Cloud ALM provides transparency regarding the execution of jobs and automated activities. It ensures efficient job and automated task execution as follows:
- Monitoring job/task executions health and detection of anomalies
- Directly alerting both business and IT users on disruptions and exceptions
- Providing details at job/task execution level to enable root cause analysis
- Reducing configuration effort by making use of historical execution information
It is planned to enhance job and automation monitoring with embedded operation flows to trigger corrective actions, such as job restarts and embedded analytics to enable trend analysis based on historical data.
SAP Cloud ALM checks the application health of cloud services and systems as follows:
- Visualizes the health of cloud services and systems to detect critical issues
- Allows you to execute pre-defined application-specific health checks for cloud services built and operated by SAP
- Provides lightweight system monitoring for SAP ABAP based systems
- Provides embedded analytics to identify the root cause of discovered problem as well as embedded alerting including pre-defined operation flows to trigger corrective actions
It is planned to support own health checks as well as to collect technical metrics for customer apps built at SAP BTP.Customer Testimonial
Ezentis, Seville, Spain
- Industry: Telecommunications
- Employees: ~9,000
- Revenue: US$446.8 million
- Featured Solutions: SAP® Cloud ALM and SAP S/4HANA® Cloud
Manuel Lozano, Business Support Systems and Business, Intelligence Manager, Ezentis
- Leverage SAP Activate content
- Speed up implementation
- Improve quality by testing
- Ease traceability and governance
- Identify problems
- Accelerate problem resolution
- Proactive problem detection
- Automate corrective actions
- Lower cost of implementation
- Lower cost of operation
- No maintenance cost
- Avoid third-party licenses
The SAP product portfolio for application lifecycle management comprises three strategic ALM solutions:
- SAP Solution Management
- SAP Focused Run
- SAP Cloud ALM
All three solutions are strategic and have been designed to match customer reality.
There is also a customer need for all three ALM products:
- On premise centric customers tend to use SAP Solution Manager and SAP Focused Run. These on premise centric solutions have a large on premise footprint and a small cloud footprint.
- Cloud centric customers tend to use SAP Cloud ALM. This cloud centric solution has a large cloud footprint and a small on premise footprint.
SAP Cloud ALM extends ALM into the cloud and makes ALM more standardized.
An SAP Solution Manager customer is on premise and needs an individual ALM
An SAP Cloud ALM customer is cloud only or cloud centric and needs a standardized ALM.
Whether or not a Solution Manager customer should move to SAP Cloud ALM depends on movements in customer landscapes in the coming years.
Characteristics of On Premise, Private Cloud, and Public Cloud
This figure, Characteristics of On Premise, Private Cloud, and Public Cloud, summarizes the three main movements we will see accelerating in the next years:
- Movement to SAP S/4HANA - predominantly on premise today
- Movement to private cloud - moving to IaaS on data center level to reap cloud benefits on data center level
- Movement to public cloud
All three movements are reflected in the three SAP product portfolio for ALM:
- SAP Solution Manager for on premise centric customers
- SAP Cloud ALM for cloud centric (SaaS) customers
- SAP Focused Run to support the movement to private cloud and the trend to centralize AMS along with the move to private cloud
If your landscape is changing, your ALM needs will change.
Customers who plan to move to the cloud must find their individual transition point to bring ALM to the cloud.
- More cloud
- Less on premise systems by landscape consolidation
- Less custom code
The figure, SAP Solution Manager Customer Actions, illustrates what SAP Solution Manager customers can do right now.