What is the Support Log Assistant?
The Support Log Assistant is an automated analysis of support related files for known issues and recommendations. It is a tool powered by SAP Business Technology Platform that allows you to scan your log for known issues or trace files directly in a web browser. It identifies issues found in logs, and provides references to related SAP Notes or Knowledge Base Articles to help you solve the issues found.
The Support Log Assistant can be accessed directly from SAP ONE Support Launchpad as a standalone tool, or during the incident creation process, when attaching files to an incident.Benefits
The Support Log Assistant offers the following benefits:
- Access automated expert-level analysis of your log files promptly and 24x7.
- Resolve issues faster without having to open a support incident.
- Save time by reducing manual log analysis and searching for solutions.
- Receive a PDF report of the log analysis results with detailed findings and recommendations.
- Share results with peers to extend best practices and lessons learned.
The Support Log Assistant can be accessed in the following ways:
- While creating an incident, you can access the Support Log Assistant directly in the Attachments section.
- Add the Support Log Assistant tile in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad. The tile can be accessed by choosing Personalize → On Premise Administration. Alternatively, you can add the tile to a group to display on the SAP ONE Support Launchpad home screen.
- Connect directly to Support Log Assistant standalone tool.
How to Use the Support Log Assistant
To use the Support Log Assistant, complete the following steps:
- Add log files.
- To scan files, choose Next.
- Review any alerts raised and the suggested solutions.
- View the Analysis Report and/or archive session files.
Support Log Assistant Overview and Walk-through
Now that you have an idea about the SAP Support Log Assistant, watch the following walk-through video to get a better understanding of how you can interact with the log assistant.
- Support Log Assistant standalone, self-service tool
- Support Log Assistant video demo
- Using the Support Log Assistant to automate support-related file analysis - Knowledge Base Article - 2838708
- SAP Community Wiki: Support Log Assistant Wiki
- List of File Types that can be Analyzed