Helping Customers Help Themselves
The SAP Knowledge Base Article service delivers an amazing support experience to SAP customers, anticipates customers' needs, accelerates their path to accurate answers, and offers expert help at their fingertips.
You will find the "clickable" Relevant Links at the end of this lesson.
SAP Knowledge Base Search
SAP Knowledge Base Search give you a quick and easy way to find relevant information to help you resolve your issues prior to resorting to creating an incident. For an overview of SAP Knowledge Base Search, watch the following video.
Self-Service and Incident Prevention - SAP Knowledge Base Articles with search engine indexing
A Knowledge Base Article provides you with incident-specific information through the SAP ONE Support Launchpad or a search engine - right at your fingertips.Overview
- Incident-specific documents
- Instant publishing
- Enriched content (embedded screenshots)
- Rating and free-text commenting features to provide feedback on the quality of an SAP Knowledge Base Article
- Previews available for external search engines (responsive design across different mobile devices)
- Information you can easily access through the SAP ONE Support Launchpad or a search engine when you need it
- Provides you with quick information on your topic of interest
- Now available: Self-service machine translation for SAP Notes and SAP Knowledge Base Articles
- Both SAP Knowledge Base Articles and SAP Notes can be accessed with a valid s-user through the SAP ONE Support Launchpad, or using a search engine (for example, Google)
- Launchpad notification by e-mail or SMS: Configure your SAP ONE Support Launchpad to get notifications when SAP Notes or SAP Knowledge Base Articles in your area of interest are created or updated. Check out this blog to learn more.
What's the Difference Between an SAP Note and an SAP Knowledge Base Article?
- 80% of SAP Notes contain coding corrections
- Solve complex technical issues
- Most SAP Notes contain the description of the issue from a business perspective as well as the technical solution
- Implementation tool for the coding corrections is available to help customers implement SAP Notes
- Most SAP Notes are available in German and English
- Automatic translation is available for English into Brazilian, Portuguese, and Japanese
- No coding corrections, therefore these cannot be downloaded using Note Assistant
- Incident-specific document
- Instant publishing
- Enriched content (such as embedded screenshots and videos)
- Rating features to provide feedback on the quality of the SAP Knowledge Base Article
- Preview versions are available on search engines such as Google
- Automatic translation is available from English to Brazilian, Portuguese, and Japanese
- Direct link to the Knowledge Base
- Knowledge Base Article 2081285 - How to get best results from an SAP search?
- SAP Notes vs Knowledge Base Articles.