Like Web Intelligence Rich Client 4.2, the Data mode allows you to view the current document’s dataset.
This mode contains two new components:
- The Dataset View where the dataset can be seen as a table or through facets.
- The Graph Panel that displays a graph of the document’s data sources, queries and cubes.
To switch to Data mode, select Data in the drop-down menu in the toolbar.
If it is not yet open, click the Main button in the toolbar to open the Main Side Panel. Its tab Objects displays the list of cubes of the documents. You can expand these cubes to see their objects.
When you select a cube in the Main Side Panel → Objects tab or in the Graph Panel, a tab opens in the Dataset View to display the selected cube’s dataset.
In Data mode, the cube dataset is displayed as a flat table by default. This table can show a huge number of rows very quickly since it does not have to take any reporting and formatting capabilities into consideration.
The first column of the table contains the row’s number in the table.
In the Build Side Panel → Data tab → Feeding sub-tab, you may define what column(s) to display and in which order.
This view shows one facet per dimension of the selected cube. A facet is made of two columns:
- The first column contains the list of values of the dimension. Its header contains the dimension name and the number of its distinct values..
- In the second column, the facet displays by default the number of occurrences in the dataset for each value (Count).
Click the More menu in the facet’s first column to sort the values in ascending or descending order or apply a transformation on these values.
Click the More menu in the facet’s second column to open a contextual menu, where you can select:
- A sort to the displayed measure (Count by default) in ascending or descending order.
- Another measure of the cube to display its aggregation for each value, instead of Count.