Integration Scenarios of SAP Build Work Zone
After exploring the product architecture, solution components and key capabilities for using and extending product, in this unit, we will learn about the aspect of integration more closely.
Next to the flexible extensibility framework covered in the previous unit, the following integration scenarios will be explored further:
As outlined in the solution architecture and components part of this course, there are several key components in SAP Build Work Zone, for example, the Digital Workplace Service (DWS), is one of these default components. These get utilized in different ways and degrees for the different integration scenarios, covering both SAP and third business applications in cloud and on-premise deployments alike.
Aside from having different technical and functional approaches for realizing a given integration scenario, there are also different purposes behind them. On a high level, they cover one or multiple of the following aspects:
- Allow access to a full application or relevant parts, within the SAP Build Work Zone experience.
- Connect to other SAP (often BTP) services in the area of creating a central entry point.
- Connect Work Zone with other solutions available in the IT landscape, for example, in the area of existing document repositories.
- Expose SAP Build Work Zone data via secure interfaces to an external system, for instance, to support gamification or advanced analytics scenarios, both through push-pull mechanisms.
- Integrate with LoB-specific processes where SAP Build Work Zone capabilities help enrich the overall user experience.