SAP Commissions uses a role-based security model, which allows users access to data based on their user login and password.
Management and access to data in the SAP Commissions user interface is controlled using two types of security: Role-Based Security and Business Unit Security. For additional system security, audit logs are available to view and track edits by user, date and time of the change.
- Users are individuals with permission to perform actions in SAP Commissions. This may include viewing or editing data, deleting records, or performing administrative tasks.
- A role is a group of permission settings that apply to all users assigned to that role. Assigned roles with pre-defined permissions makes it easier for an administrator to control user access to data.
Business Units allow organizations to control access for specific departments, divisions, groups, or portions of an organization. Business Units are used to restrict user access to data, and to segregate compensation data for dashboards and analytics.
- Users can be assigned to multiple Business Units.
- Elements that have no assigned Business Units are visible to all users.
- Positions can only be assigned to a single Business Unit.
- Security and Global data such as event types, unit types, and roles are not assigned to Business Units.
- Calculations are not run in the context of a Business Unit. They can, however, be run by Position Group.