Associated SAP Fiori Apps
View Browser (F2170)
View Browser (F2170)
With this app, you can search, browse, and tag analytical and non-analytical queries. This application displays all the core data services (CDS) views that are created and released by SAP, and custom-created SAP views irrespective of draft or released status. By default, the content views are pre-organized by the view name.
- Views: Displays the count of CDS views that you are authorized to access. The numbers above each view type (Basic, Composite, Consumption, Extension, and Undefined) represent the view count. In the first instance, the number displayed in the Views row and in the tool bar is the total number of CDS views available in the system. The view count displayed in the tool bar changes according to the chosen view type.
- CDS View Status: You cannot alter or modify the SAP created views. You can create CDS views, and save, modify, and publish them to catalogs using the Custom CDS Views app.
- Search: Search for the views, view types, view categories, tables, view description, view column names, annotations, or user added tags. The search results for a CDS view display the CDS view status, if enabled in the Settings. If the CDS view is in draft and published status, then the View Status field shows as Published and the Draft Status checkbox is selected.
- Personalize and tag views: Create your own tags for CDS views. Select a view and then choose the Manage Tags option. Multiple tags can be added to the selected view by separating these using commas. The number of tags to which a view is associated is displayed as a link. Choose the link to manage the tags. You can delete the tag by choosing the Delete option.
- Show Content: Displays a data preview of analytical queries. The Show content for the selected CDS view displays a list of parameters, fields, and values. You are prompted with a dialog box to provide input parameters for the selected view, if required. The analytical queries are displayed in Design Studio.
- Mark as favorite: Add or mark views as your favorite. Select the checkbox against a view and choose the Favorite icon.
- Annotations: Displays a list of properties used by the selected CDS view. One view can have multiple annotations.
- Cross Reference: Displays all the CDS views and tables used by the selected view. The released CDS views are highlighted and on further access will navigate to other views and tables. The column Release Status displays the status of released CDS views. The CDS views that are not released are not highlighted and cannot be accessed further. You can search for further views and tables using the Search button available in the Cross Reference tab. The search results display all the views and tables except for views and tables whose relation is Association. In other words, the search option does not find views or tables with unused associations.
- View Definition: Displays the column names, data elements, relevant definitions and other parameters of the selected view.
- Create/Edit/Delete Application: You can create and publish a tile to the catalog for analytical queries. The published query can then be opened as a separate application. To do so, select an analytical query and choose Create Application. Specify the title and subtitle of the tile. An app ID along with a quick link is generated and is available in the Application ID column. To add the query to the catalog, choose the app ID. The Custom Catalog Extension app opens, in which you can add and publish the query to a catalog.
- You can maintain the title and description in other languages using the Maintain Languages screen. The Maintain Languages screen appears when you create or edit an application. You can select a language from the list of available languages and provide a title and optional description. The first row, by default, is always English. Once you select a language and enter the title, that language is no longer available in the drop-down list. The language once selected is not available in the drop-down list again. The Delete icon allows you to delete the language, title, and subtitle.
- You can edit or view the analytical query in the catalog, or delete the analytical query, by choosing the application ID link.
- The Edit button allows you add, delete, and modify the language, title, and subtitle of the selected analytical query.
- The Delete button allows you to delete the application from the View Browser app. Only those applications that are not published to any catalog are deleted. If the application is published to a catalog, you must remove and revoke the catalog from the Custom Catalog Extension app.