Associated SAP Applications
- Record Defects (F2929) SAP Fiori App
- Process Defects (F2929) SAP Fiori App
- My Inbox - All Items (F0862) SAP Fiori App
- Process Quality Tasks (F3250) SAP Fiori App
- Record Defects with SAP CoPilot (i.e. Conversational UI) (F2987) SAP Fiori App
- Manage Defects (F2649) SAP Fiori App
- Quality Engineer Overview (F2360) SAP Fiori App
- Manage Inspection Lots (F2343) SAP Fiori App
- Record Inspection Results (F1685) SAP Fiori App
- Manage Usage Decisions (F2345) SAP Fiori App
Record Defects (F2929) SAP Fiori App
You can create defects of different defect categories. Depending on the defect category, you can record different data for a defect. You can display your own tiles on the SAP Fiori launchpad for the individual defect categories. Defects of the "generic defect" category are independent of any specific reference object, such as an inspection lot or a material. You record generic defects using the Record Defect app or the Process Defects app.
Create quality notification from a generic defect in the Manage Defects app. Further processing of the defect is then only possible in the quality notification
Process Defects (F2929) SAP Fiori App
The Process Defects app enables you to use different filter criteria to select defects to display the information or edit them.
You can only use this function for the defect categories that display as filters for the defect category.
- You can jump from the list to the detailed display of a defect and edit the defect.
- You can create generic defects from the list.
- You can change the status of one or more defects in the list.
- Only the status actions that are permitted for a defect are visible.
- Using Adapt Filters, you can adjust the filters for the administrative data of drafts and then select drafts, for example, by the date they were created or changed or by the person who last changed the draft or who is currently working on it.
My Inbox - All Items (F0862) SAP Fiori App
The My Inbox app enables you to make important decisions on your desktop or mobile devices. You can use this app to process your workflow tasks based on the decision options that are defined within the app.
- Process your workflow tasks with standard actions (e.g. claim, release, forward).
- Perform mass actions to process several tasks of the same type at the same time.
- View and add comments to an item using the Comments tab of the Detail view.
- View custom attributes that provide additional information about the task instance.
- View, upload, and delete attachments.
- Create and manage substitution rules to manage the tasks in your absence.
- Send emails or post tasks on a preconfigured Jam site.
- View the business cards of the application users.
- Browse, sort, filter, and group tasks requiring action.
- Easily process all your tasks with the preconfigured All Items tile.
- View the support information about a task instance.
- View the task history for workflow tasks.
- View the additional information provided in the related objects for workflow tasks.
- View the completed tasks and suspended tasks from Outbox tile.
- Filter the tasks based on substitute users.
- Filter the tasks using the filter criterion My Tasks and Tasks on Behalf of.
The open task feature is not supported in mobile devices.
Process Quality Tasks (F3250) SAP Fiori App
The Process Quality Tasks app enables you to select quality tasks based on various criteria, then navigate to the task for further processing.
Tasks that were created for a quality notification are not taken into account.
- Filters are available that help you to select tasks.
- From the list, you can navigate to task processing and process the task there.
- In the Task Origin column, the object is displayed for which the task was created. If the task was created for a defect, for example, you can branch to the detailed display of the defect and edit the defect there.
- The list also displays quality tasks with the archiving status Locked for Archiving. These quality tasks cannot be changed, however.
Record Defects with SAP CoPilot [Conversational UI] (F2987) SAP Fiori App
SAP Conversational AI, formerly SAP CoPilot, is the digital assistant that supports you in a variety of different tasks. With Conversational AI, you can record generic defects, independent of the application you currently have open, by selecting the icon from your header bar.
Manage Defects (F2649) SAP Fiori App
The Manage Defects app enables you to easily monitor and manage defects created during the inspection process. Defects could be related to an inspection characteristic or an inspection lot, but they could also be generic. Generic defects are not related to any other object. There are also notification items, which are part of the overarching notification.
You can see all notification items that were created or changed as of the implementation of the first SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release. All notification items that were created before and have not been changed in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition do not display.
The different types of defects are identified by their defect category. If you select a defect and display the details, the system takes you to the corresponding object page.
- View defects based on filter criteria such as material, inspection lot origin, defect code, and so on
- Switch between visual filter and compact filter
- Drill down to view defects by creation date, defect code, material, supplier, and so on
- Select a data point on the chart to get more information
- Select data points on the chart to filter defects
- Navigate to view contextual information related to a defect and to edit the defect
- Create a notification for a defect
- You can create a notification for a generic defect with the function Continue in Notification. The further processing of the defect is then continued in the item of the notification.
Quality Engineer Overview (F2360) SAP Fiori App
The Quality Engineer Overview shows the most important information and tasks related to inspection management on a single page. The information displays on a set of cards that enable you to focus on the most important tasks, and view, filter, and react to information quickly.
The cards show you the most important information ranked according to relevance. For example, on the Inspection Lots Without Usage Decision card, you can see the number of inspection lots without usage decision in the header followed by a donut chart that shows the percentage distribution of inspection lots based on their results recording status. You can then decide to make usage decisions for all inspection lots without a usage decision or for those inspection lots with a particular result recording status.
- Customize the overview page by rearranging cards, hiding, or showing them.
- Apply filters to the information displayed in the cards (e.g. by plant or inspection lot origin).
- Use the predefined filter variants immediately, or create your own filter variants.
Inspection Lots Without Inspection Plan
Inspection Lots Without Usage Decision
Inspection Lots Ready for Usage Decision
Inspection Lots with Defects
Top Defective Materials
Inspection Severity of Next Inspection Stage
Quality Level for Inspection Lots
Quality Level for Characteristics
Action Limit Violations
Q-Info Records with Exceptions
Quality Tasks by Planned End
Quality Tasks by Processor Assignment
Manage Inspection Lots (F2343) SAP Fiori App
The Manage Inspection Lots app enables you to display and manage inspection lot data. You can view contextual information related to an inspection lot and perform actions such as changing a lot quantity or rejecting the sample calculation.
- View inspection lots based on filter criteria (e.g. inspection lot origin, inspection lot number, results recording status)
- Create a new inspection lot
- Select an inspection lot and perform the following actions:
- Change Inspection Lot
- Change Lot Quantity
- Move Inspection Stock
- Cancel Sample Determination
- Navigate to view contextual information related to a material
- Navigate to view contextual information related to an inspection lot or to print a sample-drawing instruction
The sample-drawing instruction is a printed instruction that contains all the information that you need to draw one or more samples from an inspection lot. The information in the sample-drawing instruction is generated on the basis of the data in the inspection plan and determines how to process samples in the quality inspection.
- Print sample-drawing instructions from the inspection lot object page
Record Inspection Results (F1685) SAP Fiori App
The Record Inspection Results app enables you to record the results of characteristics flexibly and effectively. For example, you can choose multiple inspection lots at one time, and record the results centrally. This app also allows you to view long-term and open characteristics from different dimensions, including inspection lot, operation, and master inspection characteristic. Long-term characteristics refer to a criterion for which you can also record results after completion of the short-term inspection.
- Filter the inspection information based on different criteria
- View characteristics in a customized worklist
- Navigate from the worklist to related object pages to display contextual information (e.g. relevant inspection lot, material, or batch)
You can also navigate to the relevant inspection plan by choosing the Task Group/Counter link on the inspection lot object page.
- Record results for characteristics in inspection lots for both serialized and non-serialized materialsNoteResults recording for characteristics with single results in an inspection lot with a serialized material can only be done from the result details page.
- Perform different forms of results recording, for example, summarized recording and recording of single values
- Record results for inspection characteristics with the following control indicators:
- Lower specification limit, upper specification limit, and target value for quantitative characteristics
- Characteristic attribute for qualitative characteristics
- Sampling procedure
- SPC characteristic (note that only recording is possible, but no control chart graphic is shown)
- Required and optional characteristics
- Automatic defects recording
- All inspection scopes (note that for inspection lots with serialized materials, only fixed scope is supported)
- Long-term inspection
- Record measured values
- All documentation confirmation methods
- Unlock characteristics with statuses Skip and Characteristic Transferred to Subsystem, which allows you to record results for them
- Add remarks to the characteristics during the valuation
- View the characteristic details page with dynamic display of fields depending on the recording form of the characteristic
- Add unplanned characteristics on the results recording screen
- Print sample-drawing instructions from the inspection lot object page
- Force inspection completion for valuated characteristics with summarized results without results recording
- Calculate and display mean and standard deviation values on the results details page of quantitative characteristics with single results
Manage Usage Decisions (F2345) SAP Fiori App
The Manage Usage Decisions app enables you to display inspection lots and manage usage decisions for each inspection lot. If a usage decision has been made for a lot, you can view or change the decision. If a decision has not been made, you can make the usage decision.
- View inspection lots based on filter criteria such as the inspection lot origin, inspection lot number, results recording status, and so onNoteIf you use the inspection lot status Canceled as your only filter criterion, no inspection lots display since usage decisions cannot be made for canceled lots
- View and change usage decisions for inspection lots with a usage decision
- Make usage decisions for inspection lots without a usage decision with the following options:
- Make quick usage decision for multiple inspection lots. This sets the usage decision code that was previously defined as default (see section Configuration Options for Key Users below).
- Navigate to the usage decision details screen and select the appropriate usage decision code.
- Navigate to view contextual information related to a material
- Navigate to view contextual information related to an inspection lot
- Edit the usage decision code and usage decision comments of an inspection lot
- Trigger stock posting of materials of the inspection lot stock to available stock types
- Split the inspection lot stock quantity to be posted between stock types, and choose the storage location for some stock types
- Make usage decisions to post total quantities in SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM)
You cannot use this app in the context of:
- Usage decisions for posting partial quantities in SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM)
- Batch-managed materials
- Serial numbers
Automatic Usage Decisions
To simplify the inspection completion process, you can configure the system to automatically make usage decisions for inspection lots after results recording and for skip lots. An automatic usage decision after results recording can be made for inspection lots with positive inspection results. Automatic usage decisions for skip lots mainly make sense for consistency reasons.
The process flow of an automatic usage decision is as follows:
- An inspection lot is created.
- The system copies the automatic usage decision indicator that is set for the inspection type in the inspection setup of the material to the inspection lot.
- If the inspection lot is a skip lot, the system automatically makes an immediate usage decision using the code specified for skip lots.
- If the inspection lot is not a skip lot, the system makes an immediate usage decision after results recording if the inspection lot meets the following conditions:
- All characteristics have been completed.
- None of the characteristics have been rejected.
- No defects have been recorded, or quality notifications created.