How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Scope Item Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition for Enterprise Management.
- Select a country localization from the Version dropdown list.
- If necessary, select the Login icon in the upper left corner to log in.
- Go to the Accelerators section and, under General Documents, choose the link SAP Best Practices content library.
- Select the relevant scope option checkboxes to filter information and locate scope item test scripts and process flows.
Batch Management incorporates the entire logistics process, from procurement to sales. It is closely linked with classification, but can also be used without classification. Batch Management is defined as tagging a produced or procured material with a unique 10-digit alphanumeric code. Every batch number can have an inventory quantity associated with it. The batch number generated for the material quantity helps with uniquely sorting the material inventory and stores the characteristics values, or the chemical composition, or the product specifications at the time of its production or procurement.
Key Process Steps
The key process steps of Batch Management (BLF) include:
- Create and change batch master data
- View batch history: Top-down and Bottom-up Analysis
- Fast search and display of batches with Enterprise Search
- Assign batch number
- Specify batch
- Manage batch status
- View batch where-used list
The benefits of Batch Management (BLF) include:
- Manage batches from supplier receipt through distribution with full traceability
- Identify differences in usage and monitoring of materials planning in SD and Production
- Trace defects and initiate follow up actions
- Comply to legal requirements, such as Good Manufacturing Practice or hazardous material regulations
- Differentiate quantity- and value-based inventory, for example, due to heterogeneous yield or result qualities or varying constituents in Production
- Improve settlement of material quantities based on batch specifications