How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Solution Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
- Scroll down to the recently added solution scenarios and choose the SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition entry.
- In the left area, choose the tab Solution process and select the business area entry Manufacturing.
- In list on the right, search for the solution process of interest.
- Select the solution process to view the details and the process flow and scroll down to the Accelerator section to access the test script.
Batch Management incorporates the entire logistics process, from procurement to sales. It is closely linked with classification, but can also be used without classification. Batch Management is defined as tagging a produced or procured material with a unique 10-digit alphanumeric code. Every batch number can have an inventory quantity associated with it. The batch number generated for the material quantity helps with uniquely sorting the material inventory and stores the characteristics values, or the chemical composition, or the product specifications at the time of its production or procurement.
Key Process Steps
The key process steps of Batch Management (BLF) include:
- Create and change batch master data
- View batch history: Top-down and Bottom-up Analysis
- Fast search and display of batches with Enterprise Search
- Assign batch number
- Specify batch
- Manage batch status
- View batch where-used list
The benefits of Batch Management (BLF) include:
- Manage batches from supplier receipt through distribution with full traceability
- Identify differences in usage and monitoring of materials planning in SD and Production
- Trace defects and initiate follow up actions
- Comply to legal requirements, such as Good Manufacturing Practice or hazardous material regulations
- Differentiate quantity- and value-based inventory, for example, due to heterogeneous yield or result qualities or varying constituents in Production
- Improve settlement of material quantities based on batch specifications