How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Scope Item Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition for Enterprise Management.
- Select a country localization from the Version dropdown list.
- If necessary, select the Login icon in the upper left corner to log in.
- Go to the Accelerators section and, under General Documents, choose the link SAP Best Practices content library.
- Select the relevant scope option checkboxes to filter information and locate scope item test scripts and process flows.
This scope item covers the change-master-controlled updates of a manufacturing BOM (MBOM) that is used for the production process of components.
The change-number-controlled approach allows date-effectivity-based attribute management on the MBOM header level and the bill of material (BOM) item level. Setting the change number status to inactive releases the scope per change number. Once the status becomes inactive, changes are no longer possible. The MBOM header and items can only be changed with a new active change number. The change iteration process starts and ends again with setting the change number status to inactive.
The change-number-controlled update process is followed by the production process which uses the recently updated MBOM.
Key Process Steps
- Create change master
- Change change master
- Exchange a material or component in MBOM
- Create production order manually
- Control updates in bill of materials for production centrally with change master
- Manage effective changed day in change master