How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Solution Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
- Scroll down to the recently added solution scenarios and choose the SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition entry.
- In the left area, choose the tab Solution process and select the business area entry Manufacturing.
- In list on the right, search for the solution process of interest.
- Select the solution process to view the details and the process flow and scroll down to the Accelerator section to access the test script.
The SAP Distributed Manufacturing (SCP) for collaboration on parts for additive manufacturing (DIM) solution is gaining strategic momentum in the manufacturing market. With the SAP DIM solution, customers can efficiently handle variable market demands and compress the manufacturing cycles.
The integrated purchasing process between SAP S/4HANA and the SAP DIM solution allows SAP customers to collaborate with their suppliers and design and produce parts in a more flexible way. The process starts in SAP DIM with a technical collaboration with suppliers, various third parties (such as technical certification agencies), or material and engineering specialists. Once those involved agree upon the design of the additional manufacturing, the integration is triggered to create an RFQ in SAP S/4HANA. The subsequent processes follow the normal purchasing process, such as quote, purchase contract, and purchase order creation.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Initiate RFQ creation from DIM through integration with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.
- Transfer the RFQ number back to DIM to ensure that DIM users can see the RFQ status and other document statuses.
- Create subsequent documents (quote, PO contract, PO, and so on) through standard SAP S/4HANA functionality.
- Inherit the attached documents from RFQ - the document is shared and made available to the supplier in DIM.
- Support cost-effectiveness of small production and prototype runs.
- Access 3D printing for customers who have currently not invested in the technology.
- Ensure production consistency with high-quality, low-cost certified parts with a significant reduction in parts inventory.
- Reimagine product design with 3D printing faster than ever before – even within a day.