How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Solution Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
- Scroll down to the recently added solution scenarios and choose the SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition entry.
- In the left area, choose the tab Solution process and select the business area entry Manufacturing.
- In list on the right, search for the solution process of interest.
- Select the solution process to view the details and the process flow and scroll down to the Accelerator section to access the test script.
Demand-driven replenishment (DD) helps you efficiently plan and manage supply chains based on customer demand, rather than through traditional MRP procedures. It forms the basis for a reliable material flow by defining buffers at strategically important points and adjusting these buffers regularly.
Dedicated apps provide views for replenishment planning and execution. With replenishment planning, an overview of the buffer information sorted by planning priority is shown. With this, you can trigger replenishment on time to avoid stock shortages and delays in the completion of production or sales orders due to insufficient stock. With replenishment execution, you can view the current stock situation for each product and check that sufficient on-hand stock is available for production. You can expedite replenishment directly, and by using readily available contact details, such as contacting the supplier of a purchase order or the production supervisor of the component production order.
Key Process Steps
Key process steps of Demand-Driven Replenishment Planning and Execution (2QI) include the following:
- Review replenishment planning status of buffered components
- Create demand for buffered component via finished good (optional)
- Create supply for buffered component after change of planning status
- Review replenishment execution status of buffered components after conversion of supply into production execution
- Reduce on-hand stock to stimulate replenishment need (optional)
- Expedite supply and run production execution to bring replenishment execution status to green
Benefits of Demand-Driven Replenishment Planning and Execution (2QI) include the following:
- Avoid the bullwhip effect in production by providing decoupling points with strategic stock positions
- Ensure highest service levels at lowest possible inventory along all BOM levels
- Relieve users of manual supply creation for demand-driven materials
- Support users in identifying issues with current stock levels and in prioritizing the issues as a starting point for taking the right action