How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Solution Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
- Scroll down to the recently added solution scenarios and choose the SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition entry.
- In the left area, choose the tab Solution process and select the business area entry Manufacturing.
- In list on the right, search for the solution process of interest.
- Select the solution process to view the details and the process flow and scroll down to the Accelerator section to access the test script.
This scope item enables production planning in make-to-stock scenarios and quick reactions to incoming sales orders. The focus is on process manufacturing (for example, supported through process orders or batch management). The process starts with the creation of a demand forecast for finished goods represented by planned independent requirements (PIRs). Based on PIRs, Material Requirements Planning (MRP) creates a production plan for finished goods, semi finished components, and raw materials. Production planners can analyze and change the planned-order-based production plan manually. Raw material demand leads to purchase requisitions that trigger alternative procurement scenarios referenced in this scope item. The production process itself is entirely covered via conversion of planned into process orders, order release, direct material issue or backflush, confirmation of operations and goods receipt posting. Order-based target and actual costs are created, ensuring fully integrated material and value streams.
Key Process Steps
Key process steps of Make-to-Stock - Process Manufacturing Based on Process Order (BJ8) include:
- Process planned independent requirements
- Perform material requirements planning and evaluation of stock requirement list
- Create process order, material staging, order confirmation, material movement postings for goods issue and goods receipt in production order processing
- Run scrap reports optionally after production
Benefits of Make-to-Stock - Process Manufacturing Based on Process Order (BJ8) include:
- Support of management of batch-oriented process manufacturing
- Order-based target and actual costs management, ensuring fully integrated material and value streams