How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Solution Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
- Scroll down to the recently added solution scenarios and choose the SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition entry.
- In the left area, choose the tab Solution process and select the business area entry Manufacturing.
- In list on the right, search for the solution process of interest.
- Select the solution process to view the details and the process flow and scroll down to the Accelerator section to access the test script.
This scope item enables production planning in make-to-stock scenarios for a serial-number-managed finished good.
The process starts with the creation of a demand forecast for finished goods represented by Planned Independent Requirements (PIRs). Based on PIRs, Material Requirements Planning (MRP) creates a production plan for finished goods and explodes the entire bill of material structure. As a result, semifinished component production and raw material demand is planned. Production planners can analyze and manually change the planned order-based production plan.
Raw material demand leads to purchase requisitions that trigger alternative procurement scenarios referenced in this scope item.
The production process itself is entirely covered by using the conversion of planned into production orders, order release, material staging and picking, confirmation of order operations, and goods receipt posting. Order-based target and actual cost is created, ensuring fully integrated material and value streams.
Key Process Steps Covered
Process planned independent requirements
Execute material requirements planning and evaluation of stock requirement list
Execute production order processing: Material staging, order release, order confirmation, material movement postings for goods issue and goods receipt including available-to-promise checks
Run scrap reports optionally after production
Trigger production execution with a production plan
Explode the bill of material automatically when running the MRP
Calculate target costs during order creation
Improve usability with intuitive confirmation of production operations