How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Solution Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
- Scroll down to the recently added solution scenarios and choose the SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition entry.
- In the left area, choose the tab Solution process and select the business area entry Manufacturing.
- In list on the right, search for the solution process of interest.
- Select the solution process to view the details and the process flow and scroll down to the Accelerator section to access the test script.
This scope item shows the Make-to-Stock Production with Variant Configuration in which Advanced Variant Configuration enables efficient state-of-the-art configuration for configurable product variants that reflect common definitions of a configurable material.
The material variant is defined as a Bill of Material (BoM) where the components meet certain criteria. Initially, this material variant is produced and put into stock as later sales of it are anticipated by collection of planned independent requirements (PIRs).
When a customer orders a fork lifter where the characteristics of the components meet those of the material variant, the fork lifter is taken directly from stock as production already happened based on PIRs.
The sales price calculation is then based on the characteristics of the material variant. Since the material variant is available on stock, the fork lifter is directly delivered. The process finishes with the billing of the delivered fork lifter.
Key Process Steps Covered
Execute make-to-stock production for material variants of the configurable product
Create a customer sales order for a configured fork lifter resulting in a material variant
Calculate sales prices based on characteristics of the material variant
Process the delivery and billing for the customer
Improve your company's sales and manufacturing performance with integrated Advanced Variant Configuration
Enable your sales business process to handle frequently required variants that are represented as material variants in sales and manufacturing and show the configuration on the print-out
Produce material variants upfront to incoming sales orders based on expected demand
Deliver customer sales order processing for material variants immediately if stock is available from production