How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Solution Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
- Scroll down to the recently added solution scenarios and choose the SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition entry.
- In the left area, choose the tab Solution process and select the business area entry Manufacturing.
- In list on the right, search for the solution process of interest.
- Select the solution process to view the details and the process flow and scroll down to the Accelerator section to access the test script.
You can ignore the SAP Cloud ALM version of test scripts at this point.
- The Kanban method for controlling production and material flow is based on the actual stock quantity in production. Material that is required on a regular basis is continually provided in small quantities into production. With Kanban, instead of being pushed through production by higher-level planning, materials are called from the supply source by production at the manufacturing level where they are needed (pull principle). Replenishment or production of a material is only triggered when a higher production level requires the material. This replenishment is triggered directly in production using previously maintained master data.
- Kanban replenishment is commonly used in - but is not restricted to - repetitive manufacturing environments, when a production process requires that the same or similar products are produced over a certain period at a certain rate per period. The products produced always follow the same sequence through the machines and work centers in production. Routings tend to be simple and do not vary much.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Create and maintain Kanban control cycles
- Maintain output control for Kanban summarized JIT call
- Create independent planning and material requirements at plant level
- Replenish Kanban container with Kanban just-in-time calls and event-driven Kanban
- Reduce work in progress
- Increase supply chain visibility
- Reduce manufacturing supply chain costs
- Reduce inventory and assets
- Improve flexibility and visibility of manufacturing and supply chain processes