How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Solution Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
- Scroll down to the recently added solution scenarios and choose the SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition entry.
- In the left area, choose the tab Solution process and select the business area entry Manufacturing.
- In list on the right, search for the solution process of interest.
- Select the solution process to view the details and the process flow and scroll down to the Accelerator section to access the test script.
This scope item enables quick capacity evaluation for a Consumer Products Industry flavored Make-to-stock process and supports capacity leveling functionality for their demands. The Consumer Industry flavored process describes a two-stage production process for coffee displays. The first stage reflects the roasting and packaging process of medium resp. dark roasted beans under consideration of a fixed capacity of the roasting drums. The second stage reflects a display packaging process where two different finished products (medium and dark roasted coffee beans bags) are packed into a display.
The process starts with the creation of a demand forecast for finished material (display) represented by planned independent requirements (PIRs). Based on PIRs, material requirements planning (MRP) creates a production plan for finished materials and explodes the entire bill of material structure.
As a result, component production and raw material demand is planned. All orders and operations that are planned with the MRP are allocated to the required capacities. Production planners can evaluate the capacity utilization for a defined time horizon and execute manual changes in orders to resolve upcoming bottleneck situations in the defined area of responsibility.
The process of production capacity leveling represents a central part of preparation for the manufacturing process of components. Production planners can assign orders and operations from the production plan to available time slots of capacities. Additionally, the planners can simulate and choose other alternatives for production by assigning other available production versions, letting the planners schedule the best option for their manufacturing.
Key Process Flow
- Create Initial Material Stock
- Check Available Capacity in Work Center
- Check Formulas in Work Center
- Check Routings
- Check Production Version
- Create Work Center Group
- Create Planned Independent Requirements
- Schedule an MRP Run
- Check Capacity Situation
- Level Production Capacities
- Review Work Center Schedules
- Review Capacity Situation
- Get quick capacity planning
- Cover a central part of preparation of the manufacturing process of components
- Allocate orders and operations with MRP properly