How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Scope Item Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition for Enterprise Management.
- Select a country localization from the Version dropdown list.
- If necessary, select the Login icon in the upper left corner to log in.
- Go to the Accelerators section and, under General Documents, choose the link SAP Best Practices content library.
- Select the relevant scope option checkboxes to filter information and locate scope item test scripts and process flows.
This scope item enables quick capacity evaluation and planning for make-to-stock scenarios in Discrete and Process Manufacturing. You can determine the industry type selection and displayed data in the app settings.
The process starts with the creation of a demand forecast for finished goods represented by Planned Independent Requirements (PIRs). Based on PIRs, Material Requirements Planning (MRP) creates a production plan for finished goods and explodes the entire bill of material structure.
As a result, semifinished component production and raw material demand is planned. All orders and operations that are planned with the MRP are allocated to the required capacities. Production planners can evaluate the capacity utilization for a defined time horizon and execute manual changes in orders to resolve upcoming bottleneck situations in the defined area of responsibility.
Key Process Steps
Evaluate capacity load
Apply changes to available capacity to meet the production requirements
Get overview and transparency of capacity load and critical situations
Gain insight into the KPIs for capacity load and backlog
View a graphical presentation of utilization per work center/resource