How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Solution Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
- Scroll down to the recently added solution scenarios and choose the SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition entry.
- In the left area, choose the tab Solution process and select the business area entry Manufacturing.
- In list on the right, search for the solution process of interest.
- Select the solution process to view the details and the process flow and scroll down to the Accelerator section to access the test script.
This scope item demonstrates the option to execute an operation externally within a production order. This type of processing is particularly important as it provides a company with a feasible alternative to in-house processing if capacity bottlenecks occur. During the manufacturing process, when a planned order for production is converted to a production order, the system checks if any routing or work center operations require external processing. When the order is processed and the operation to be handled externally is reached, the system creates a purchase requisition. After generating a purchase order for the operation, the production step is processed by the external subcontractor. The external service is captured with a goods receipt posting. The process is finalized by receiving the subcontractor’s invoice for the service and posting the payment accordingly.
Key Process Steps
- Create production order with subcontract operation
- Create purchase order for external processing of services
- Post goods receipt for subcontracted services
- Enter incoming vendor invoice and process payment
- Certain operations of the production order can be specified for execution by an external subcontractor.
- In the case of capacity bottlenecks, the assembly procedure of the finished product can be assigned to a subcontractor.