SAP Activate Methodology
The implementation methodology for all SAP S/4HANA implementation projects is SAP Activate. The SAP Activate Methodology includes a structure of project phases, tasks, and deliverables that vary based on the solution you are implementing. You will find this methodology structure in the SAP Roadmap Viewer. It is the central tool that guides your SAP S/4HANA implementation project by providing specific instructions and supporting accelerators to help you execute tasks and deliverables throughout each implementation phase and after go-live. Content is continuously updated to provide current and accurate information.
The structure of SAP Roadmap Viewer includes:
- Phases: stages of the project. At the end of each phase, a quality gate exists to verify the completion of the deliverables.
- Deliverables: outcomes that are delivered during the course of the project. Several deliverables are included within a phase.
- Task: work to be performed. One or several tasks comprise a deliverable.
- Workstream: a collection of related deliverables that show time relationships within a project and among other streams. Streams can span phases and are not necessarily dependent on phase starts and end.
- Accelerators: provide assistance in the form of How-to guides, Best Practice recommendations, prescribed templates, and links to learning materials. Accelerators can be linked to Phases, Deliverables, or Tasks.
SAP Best Practices
Play the following short video to find out how SAP Best Practices Explorer enables you to find the package of content specific to the scope of your solution.