The figure demonstrates an overview of the Internal Project Management (1A8) scope item.
How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud Scope Item Process Flows and Test Scripts
- Navigate to SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Enterprise Management.
- Select a country localization from the Version drop-down list.
- If necessary, select the Login icon in the upper left corner to log in.
- Go to the Accelerators section and, under General Documents, choose the link SAP Best Practices content library.
- Select the relevant scope option checkboxes to filter information and locate scope item test scripts and process flows.
Internal Project Management manages the complete end-to-end process of project-based services inside the company. This scope item realizes the main steps of the end-to-end scenario for Project-Based Services focusing on internal project management and costs. It integrates project planning and staffing with core project management functionalities, procurement processes for materials and services, and time recording against the project work items. During period-end closing activities, accounting and financial close activities can be performed. This scope item also supports the analysis of project key figures.
Key Process Steps
Manage internal projects during planning and execution phase
Maintain work package staffing of internal project
Procure external services for internal project
Record times for internal project
Analyze internal projects
Perform accounting and financial close activities
Perform period end closing activities
Define and manage projects easily
Staff projects intuitively
Integrate SuccessFactors Employee Central natively
Perform employee time entry for all project members
Decide quickly with cross-project and client reporting
Drill-down flexibly to all project-related analytics and KPIs
Perform fast periodic closing, with no reconciliation
Make predefined processes and business content available
Create a baseline of an internal project and compare it with the current one