To ensure that the KPIs for resource utilization and project staffing are calculated correctly, existing staffing assignments must be transferred from Customer and Internal Project Management to Resource Management before using the advanced version.
You can only transfer staffing assignments for which the following applies:
- The related projects are not being edited when the job run starts.
- Daily availability information exists for the staffed resources. This information must be available for the entire assignment period (that is, the time period between work package start and work package end).
- Resource employments must be active for the entire assignment period.
You only need to run this job for staffing assignments that were created before the advanced version of Resource Management was enabled in the system. Assignments created in Customer and Internal Project Management after activating Advanced Resource Management (1KC) are transferred automatically.
The job can be scheduled through the SAP Fiori app Check and Transfer Staffing Assignments. If needed, you can specify parameters, such as project ID, service organization, or work package dates. If you want to check or transfer all existing staffing assignments, leave these fields empty. However, if the number of assignments to be transferred is large, we recommend that you schedule several jobs to transfer assignments in batches, for example, by service organization.
Additionally, you can also specify what you want to do by selecting either of the following actions:
- Transfer Staffing Assignments: Transfer staffing assignments according to your selection criteria.
- Check Employments: Check whether daily availability data is complete and whether employments are active for the assignments that correspond to your selection criteria.