You can make configuration settings related to the billing profile, materials, and material determination. You can also define criteria for the purpose of material determination.
With the associated business role (Configuration Expert - Business Process Configuration), the configuration expert can use the billing profile to define materials and carry out the material determination based on the defined settings. This is achieved by navigating to the app Manage Your Solution → Configure Your Solution → Step Maintain Project Billing Profile (SSCUI ID – 103637).
Configuring project billing profile, materials determination, and the criteria is mandatory for the new project billing process.
To be able to carry out material determination, you must start by having a project billing profile. You can create a project billing profile with the name CMPRJBL001. You maintain this profile for all material configuration related to project billing.
Within this profile, you have the possibility to configure materials for incoming costs or quantities, or both. You also have the choice to decide if you want to use the material defined in the source of the posting by choosing the Material Direct option.
Under the quantity and costs column, you can choose any of the following options:
- Transfer Costs Only – This option transfers only the costs to be billed (where the quantity is set to 1) for further billing processes. If the cost equals zero, the items are not transferred for further billing.
- Transfer Quantity Only – This option transfers only the quantities to be billed for further billing processes. If the quantity equals zero, the items are not transferred for further billing.
- Transfer Costs and Quantity – This option transfers both costs and quantities to be billed for further billing processes.
- For Costs <> 0: Transfer Costs and Quantity – This option transfers both costs and quantities to be billed for further billing processes (when the cost is not equal to zero).
- For Quantity <> 0: Transfer Costs and Quantity – The option transfers both the costs and quantities to be billed for further billing processes (when the quantity is not equal to zero).
Material Determination Criteria
Additionally, you can add specific criteria that enables the material to be determined. You can use the following fields to define the material determination criteria:
- Activity type
- G/L account
Based on the criteria you define for the material to be determined, the prices are determined accordingly and transferred for further billing processes.
However, if none of the material determination criteria defined matches with an incoming posting, then the material determination fails, and these costs are not transferred for further billing processes. It is therefore recommended to configure a fallback material determination. With Business Add-In (BAdI) PROJ_BIL_MODIFY_BDR_DATA, you can change the material tax classification of billing document requests triggered from the project billing solution.