Overview of Product Change Mgmt with Change Records- Discrete Industries (64E)
SAP S/4HANA for product change management with change records flexibly orchestrates the management of enterprise product changes. It can handle several types of objects that are affected by the intended changes, such as materials, BOMs, master recipes, and documents.
The change record keeps all information in one place.
The progress of the change is controlled by a dedicated status management, and the change process is supported by workflow capabilities of process routing. Collaboration using comments during the change process allows effective communication with all involved parties.
The benefits of the Product Change Mgmt with Change Records - Discrete Industries (64E) are:
- Handle various object types with and without change numbers and model workflows flexibly
- Gain transparency with visual workflow capability combined with a status-driven change control
- Improve efficiency with all change information in one easy-to-navigate place
- Get a single source of truth of all the data involved in a change
- Drive the change process efficiently through best practices and workflow templates
- Allow ad-hoc communication with stakeholders
- Leverage insights from engineering cockpit
Key Process Steps Covered
The key process steps covered are:
- Create change record
- Start workflow
- Review change request (optional)
- Assign master recipes and products
- Assign classification and attachments
- Approve or reject change record
- Modify validity date in change master
- Perform design changes
- Perform product master changes
- Perform engineering structure changes