SAP Activate Methodology
The implementation methodology for all SAP S/4HANA implementation projects is SAP Activate. The SAP Activate Methodology includes a structure of project phases, tasks, and deliverables that vary based on the solution you are implementing. You will find this methodology structure in the SAP Roadmap Viewer. It is the central tool that guides your SAP S/4HANA implementation project by providing specific instructions and supporting accelerators to help you execute tasks and deliverables throughout each implementation phase and after go-live. Content is continuously updated to provide current and accurate information.
The structure of SAP Roadmap Viewer includes:
- Phases: stages of the project. At the end of each phase, a quality gate exists to verify the completion of the deliverables.
- Deliverables: outcomes that are delivered during the course of the project. Several deliverables are included within a phase.
- Task: work to be performed. One or several tasks comprise a deliverable.
- Workstream: a collection of related deliverables that show time relationships within a project and among other streams. Streams can span phases and are not necessarily dependent on phase starts and end.
- Accelerators: provide assistance in the form of How-to guides, Best Practice recommendations, prescribed templates, and links to learning materials. Accelerators can be linked to Phases, Deliverables, or Tasks.
SAP Process Navigator
SAP Process Navigator is a library of SAP Best Practices business processes for different SAP solutions. An SAP Best Practice business process is the predefined flow of steps you complete to accomplish a task in the relevant software system. For example, how to record your time in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
The website provides country-specific versions of process models, process documentation, and process-related implementation accelerators. SAP Process Navigator can be accessed through the direct link, or from within SAP for Me > Services & Support dashboard. The following solution scenarios are relevant for the deployments of SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
|SAP Process Navigator Solution Scenario||SAP S/4HANA Cloud Deployment|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition||SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud for public sector|
|Service Centric ERP for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition|
|SAP Best Practices for analytics with SAP S/4HANA Cloud|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA||SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition|
|Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA|
|Rapid Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA|
For each business process within SAP Process Navigator, you typically find the following information:
- Description: A description of the business process including business benefits and key process steps covered.
- Process flow: A visual representation of the business process and the roles involved.
- Test scripts: A procedure for testing the activated system according to the defined business process.
- Set-up Instructions: If relevant for the process, a set-up guide provides the steps required to set up integrations required for the business process to function correctly.