Situation handling in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Situation Handling is a framework that helps increase the quality and efficiency of a customer's business processes. The right users are automatically alerted to situations and provided with the information they need to solve them.
End users can be proactively informed about issues requiring their attention, for example:
- Service Confirmations Required (related to scope item 3D2)
- Billing for Service Order Not Completed (related to scope item 3D2)
- Solution Order Delivery Date Changed (related to scope item 4GT)
- In-House Repair Not Confirmed (related to scope item 3XK)
- Expiring Service Contracts (related to scope item 3MO)
- Service Contract Items Not Released (related to scope item 3MO)
- Service Contract Items Blocked for Billing (related to scope item 3MO)
Templates for a wide range of standard use cases are available.
Informing users about situations
Users can be informed about these situations in various ways:
- Through notifications on the SAP Fiori launchpad (optionally also as e-mails).
- As situation messages in various SAP Fiori apps.
- In a dedicated SAP Fiori app, called the My Situations app.
Process and configuration for situation handling in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Key users can define the situations and the users responsible for solving these situations using an SAP Fiori app called Manage Situation Types. The role Configuration Expert - Business Process Configuration (SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT) or a copy thereof is required to be able to access this app.
Situation handling supports two kinds of situations:
- Object-based situations: situations for a specific business object, such as a service contract or a service order, an invoice, or a material. The conditions can be defined that specify when a situation is created.
- Message-based situations: situations that refer to warning and error messages occurring in the system.
Situation templates for SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Service
For SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Service, various templates are available to support the definition of situations, that users need to be informed about. They are available for various scope items belonging to SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Service.
As an example: for scope item Service Contract Management (3MO), the following situation templates are available:
- Service Contract Due to Expire Soon
- Service Contract Item Due to Expire Soon
- Service Contract with Zero Billing Value
- Service Contract Item Not Released
- Service Contract Item Blocked for Billing
On http://help.sap.com a list is available containing all these situation templates, and an explanation of how to set up the templates.
An example situation type: expiring service contracts
The slide shows an example of a situation type created, based on one of the available situation templates for SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Service. A situation message will be created for all service contracts with a contract expiration date within the interval of today's date plus up to 60 days.
Aother example of such a situation template is SRVC_CONTRACT_ITEM_BILLG_BLOCKED (introduced with release 2208) which raises a situation if a service contract item is blocked for billing.