The business roles and business catalogs for a scope item
Access to business applications is controlled by role-based authorization management. You assign business roles to business users, and the roles provide access to business tasks. Business users are defined as employees, contractors, or other individuals who need access to SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
To find the required business roles for a scope item, follow these steps:
- Navigate to SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Enterprise Management (https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/BP_CLD_ENTPR).
- Select your country localization from the Version dropdown list.
- In the Solution Scope section, expand the relevant scope item group.
- Select a scope item.
- Download the test script.
- Navigate to the Roles section of the test script.
To identify the business catalog(s) mapped to a business role and the SAP Fiori app(s) mapped to a business catalog, follow these steps:
- Log on to SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Select the Manage Business Roles app from the launchpad.
- Select a business role.
- To view the standard business catalogs assigned to the standard business role, select the Assigned Business Catalogs tab.
- Select a business catalog.
- To view the functional description, authorization criteria, and associated catalogs information, select the Catalog Description tab.
- To view the SAP Fiori apps mapped to the business catalog, select the Applications tab.
Do not edit SAP standard business roles directly. To customize business roles, always make a copy of the SAP standard business role or use the option Create From Template in the Maintain Business Roles app.