How to access SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Service, scope item Recurring Services (4X5) process flows (if available) and test scripts
- Navigate to SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Enterprise Management (https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/BP_CLD_ENTPR.
- Select, for example Germany, as the localization country from the Version dropdown list. Leave the language as English.
- Choose Accelerators and, under General Documents, choose SAP Best Practices content library.
- Under Filter Scope, select the Service checkbox. On the right side of the screen, you can now see the available list of scope items. For each item, you can select the respective link to download the Test script, the Scope-item fact sheet, and/or the Process flow. Do this now for scope item Recurring Services (4X5).
Scope item Recurring Services (4X5)
This scope item covers the customer facing process using a Service Plan that is part of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Service.
The goal of a service plan is to schedule and organize periodic services that occur repeatedly at certain intervals, such as regular maintenance, ahead of time. A planned recurring service helps to save costs resulting from unforeseen outages or breakdowns.
It also helps to plan services in a better and more transparent way, and to schedule resources, such as personnel or materials, more efficiently. A recurring service can be implemented using the maintenance plan functionality. A maintenance plan is used to do the following:
- Plan and perform a recurring service, enabling an object to be serviced throughout its life cycle.
- Generate follow-up service orders at freely definable points in time.
- Determine which service, and when, is to be planned, performed, or offered, and for which objects. The rules for this are defined in the so-called service interval.