How to access the SAP S/4HANA Cloud solution process Service Management with Advanced Variant Configuration (6GS) process flow (if available) and test scripts
Complete the following steps to access and download all the documentation that is available from SAP for solution process Service Management with Advanced Variant Configuration (6GS):
- Navigate to the list of solution processes on the SAP Signavio Process Navigator website. Use URL https://me.sap.com/processnavigator and choose Solution Process. You can now see a list of all available solution processes.NoteLog on to SAP for ME if needed.
- Using the Search in SAP Signavio Process Navigator field (in the top right corner of your screen), search for solution process 6GS.
- In the resulting list, select the entry for the current (i.e. the most recent) version of the solution process for solution scenario Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud. You can now see the details for the solution process.
- Choose Accelerators.
- Choose (for example) Test Script to download the test script as a Microsoft Word file. Look for any other options/documents available.
Service Management with Advanced Variant Configuration (6GS)
Key process flow for solution process Service Management with Advanced Variant Configuration (6GS)
- Create a service quotation or order with a configurable product in one or more of the items.
- Check the net value of the service document item(s) with the configurable product.
- Plan costs and revenues on the service order.
- Release the service order line items (optional).
- Change the service order (optional).
- Release the service order containing the configurable item(s).
- Receive and enter a service confirmation for the service order. Update the configuration if needed.
- Post the time sheet for the service technician and expenses incurred automatically based on the confirmation.
- Cancel the confirmation along with the follow-up documents (optional).
- Release the service order (for fixed price services) or confirmation (for time and material services) for billing and automatic creation of the billing document request.
- Copy procurement costs automatically into the confirmation, based on the posted supplier invoice or purchase order for billing to the customer in case of time and material services.
- Create a billing document from the billing document request for invoicing the customer.
- Post revenues automatically against the service order line item.
- Analyze service order fulfillment.
Business benefits of using solution process Service Management with Advanced Variant Configuration (6GS)
- Reduced complexity: Work with variant configuration in service orders to cover many (complex) cases and combinations regarding service document items and their pricing with a relatively simple set-up.
- Flexibility in pricing: Depending on the product definition, the selection of characteristics and characteristic values of a configurable product can impact the price of a service document item based on the defined variant conditions.
- Integration with a solution order is possible.
- Depending on the scenario used, the configuration can be updated once a service confirmation is entered.