Integration with logistics (1)
For the customer object that needs repairing, a returns order can be created. The user acting in this part of the process needs the Returns and Refund Clerk role assigned. A Shipping Specialist posts the goods receipt once the customer object is received. After this, an inspection (quality check) can be executed. This is done by the Receiving Specialist. The Customer Service Representative then enters a repair object in SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Service and the normal repairs process can be executed. The Prepare for Billing app creates an outbound delivery (for the returns order) for which a goods issue needs to be posted, indicating that the customer object has been returned to the customer.
A prerequisite for posting the goods issue is an outbound delivery. This document can be triggered via the app called Prepare for Billing, if a goods movement has been posted for the repair object in a customer return.
Integration with logistics (2)
- Enter the repair objects under Items.
- Select the follow-up Receive into Plant and the Material Received checkbox.
- Select Decide Later to defer the refund determination to the receiving specialist, when they perform the inspection.
- Choose More → Extras → Technical Objects to enter the serial numbers for the items that have been added. The next slide will show this in detail.
- Under Sales, select the order reason Accelerated Return. This will also be shown on the next slide.
- Choose Save.
The above steps are valid for the role Returns and Refund Clerk.
The serial number is a prerequisite in the in-house repair process to determine the correct equipment number. Only serial numbers that have an equipment assigned can be processed.
Integration with logistics (3)
The slide shows the serial number assignment (via More → Extras → Technical Objects) and also the field Order Reason on the Sales tab of the returns order.
Integration with logistics (4)
Once the Material Received checkbox on the Returns tab is selected, the goods receipt is posted automatically. The receiving specialist can now continue and perform the inspection.
If the Material Received checkbox is not selected, a shipping specialist has to post the goods receipt manually. The receiving specialist can only perform the inspection, if the goods receipt has been posted.
When creating a returns order, the follow-up activity In-House Repair (Service) can also be selected. If the Material Received checkbox is also selected and the inspection result is entered, the in-house repair will be created immediately and no further actions are required from the shipping specialist and receiving specialist. The service representative can then perform the precheck as a next step.
For more information about creating customer returns, see the documentation on the SAP Help Portal for SAP S/4HANA Cloud under Product Assistance → Sales → Order and Contract Management → Claims, Returns, and Refund Management → Customer Returns → Create Customer Returns.
- Open the Enter Inspection Results - From Warehouse app and select the delivery item to be inspected. Select an inspection code. It is also possible to enter a comment.
- Select the follow-up activity In-House Repair (Service).
- Leave the field Refund Code empty. Repair objects must not be refunded. To complete the returns order, the returns and refund clerk has to change refund type to No Refund.
- Choose Save and Confirm.
The above steps are valid for the role Receiving Specialist.
If In-House Repair (Service) has been selected as a follow-up activity, the in-house repair is created automatically. It contains a repair object for each product that is represented by a serial number. The in-house repair status is set to In Process and the repair object status to Precheck: Decision Pending.
Service representatives can instantly perform the precheck for the repair objects. The related returns order appears in the transaction history for the repair object.
Integration with logistics (5)
- Open the Prepare for Billing app and choose the To Be Released for Billing or the To Be Returned tab. Open the repair object in the resulting list. Then, release the items for billing (if applicable).
- Choose Return to create the outbound delivery.
The above steps are valid for the role Customer Service Representative - In-House Repair.
Integration with logistics (6)
- As soon as all items have been released for billing and the return to customer has been triggered, it is possible to check the status of the returns to the customer in the transaction history. It is possible to navigate to the outbound delivery for more details.
- Choose Complete to finalize the processing of the repair object. This button is visible if all pending items have been released for billing and the return to customer has been triggered. This is only a prerequisite if the in-house repair has been created as follow-up for a returns order. If the in-house repair was created using the Manage In-House Repairs app, an outbound delivery cannot be triggered in the Prepare for Billing app.