Situation Handling is a framework that automatically detects important issues and brings them to the attention of specific groups of users. These users are then able to react immediately to various business situations, such as upcoming deadlines, ending contracts, or other changing circumstances to outstanding deliveries and confirmations.
Intelligent Procurement - Situation Handling
You can go through the following interaction to see the situation handling concept in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Situation Handling Concept
You can watch the following video for an overview of situation handling which uses the situation Contract Is Ready as Source of Supply:
Situation Handling Capabilities and Applications
- Manage Teams and Responsibilities
Define your team setup and areas of responsibility.
- Manage Situation Types
Copy standard templates and configure situations tailored to your needs.
- User Notification
Self-service setup to decide on the preferred notification channel (launchpad and mail).
- Consuming App
Consume the information at the point of interest within your daily work.
- My Situations
Review and monitor all relevant situations in your area of responsibility.
- Monitor Situations
Monitor all situations and adjust them as needed.
Using this Analytical List Page app, you can monitor the handling of situations in your business, including the occurrence and the lifecycle of situation instances with respect to their status and related business objects.
The My Situations (F4154) app is the generic app to view and access all open notifications that have occurred in the SAP S/4HANA system. Notifications are only created in the system once the required configurations in the situation template (including notification recipient settings) are set up.
Using this app, you have the following two options:
- Dismiss a situation notification. You can dismiss a situation using an appropriate status:
Resolved, if the situation has been completed.
Obsolete, if the situation is outdated or no longer valid.
Invalid, if you think that the situation was created by mistake.
- Navigate from the situation notification to the situation object page.
Note that this navigation is only possible if you have the business authorization (business role) required to access the underlying business objects.
Teams and Responsibility Setup
- Create a new team and maintain the general information, such as name and description.
- Define the responsibility definition per team.
- Add the team members and assign a corresponding function.
Adapting Preconfigured Situation Templates
- Choose a situation template of interest and copy it to create a new situation type.
- Define the basic settings for your situation type, such as ID, name, and display sequence.
- Configure the condition and define the filter criteria of your situation type. The filter criteria specifies if a situation is triggered or not.
- Schedule your situation batch job.
- Define the look and feel of your messages, notifications and email preview:
- Define if the situations should be aggregated within one notification/email.
- Define if the situation should be resent each time the batch job is executed.
- Define the notification recipients. You can define the responsibility definition by teams or select a predefined responsibility rule defined per situation template. To define the responsibility definition by teams, complete the following steps:
- Responsibility Definition: Select the fields, which are transferred to the teams & responsibility management to identify the responsible team.
- Member Function: Used to identify the correct user per team.
- Define if you would like to enable the monitoring functionality for your situation type via the monitor situations App.
A user can decide if a certain situation should trigger a notification or an email.
SAP Fiori Apps
The following table lists the SAP Fiori apps that are used in Situation Handling in Procurement:
|SAP Fiori App||Business Role||Catalog|
|Manage Teams & Responsibility||Configuration Expert - Business Process Configuration||Responsibility Management|
|Manage Situation Types||Configuration Expert - Business Process Configuration||Situation Handling - Configuration|
|My Situations||Employee - Situation Handling||Situation Handling - My Situations|
|Monitor Situations||Configuration Expert - Business Process Configuration||Situation Handling - Configuration|