SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer
The implementation methodology for all SAP S/4HANA implementation projects is SAP Activate. The SAP Activate Methodology includes a structure of project phases, tasks, and deliverables that vary based on the solution you are implementing. You will find this methodology structure in the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer. It is the central tool that guides your SAP S/4HANA implementation project by providing specific instructions and supporting accelerators to help you execute tasks and deliverables throughout each implementation phase and after go-live. Content is continuously updated to provide current and accurate information.
The structure of SAP Roadmap Viewer includes:
- Phases: stages of the project, including Discover, Prepare, Explore, Realize, Deploy, and Run. At the end of each phase, a quality gate exists to verify the completion of the deliverables.
- Deliverables: outcomes that are delivered during the course of the project. Several deliverables are included within a phase.
- Task: work to be performed. One or several tasks comprise a deliverable.
- Workstream: a collection of related deliverables that show time relationships within a project and among other streams. Streams can span phases and are not necessarily dependent on phase starts and end.
- Accelerators: provide assistance in the form of How-to guides, Best Practice recommendations, prescribed templates, and links to learning materials. Accelerators can be linked to Phases, Deliverables or Tasks.
SAP Best Practices
SAP Best Practices Explorer enables you to find the package of content specific to the scope of your solution. You can reduce the cost of operations by using the predelivered processes and use the country-specific content to manage multiple geographies, divisions, subsidiaries, and ledgers. Best Practice content is updated on the Release to Customer (RTC) date for your selected solution with the latest enhancements and new features.
You will find scope item (business process) information covering the following in SAP Best Practices Explorer:
- Scope-item fact sheets: A description of the business process including business benefits and key process steps covered.
- Process flow: A representation of the business process to show how the software works as standard.
- Process flow (BPMN2): A representation of the business process to show how the software works as standard, for displaying and editing in process modeling applications.
- Test scripts: A procedure for testing the activated system according to the defined business process.
- Set-up Instructions: A guide to the steps required to set up any integrations required for the business process to function correctly. The setup guide must be completed prior to the test script.