Locate Scope Item in Line of Business (LoB)
Scope item Complementary Procurement Functions (2TW) belongs to the business areas Operational Procurement and Invoice Management, which are parts of the "Sourcing and Procurement" line of business.
The scope item covers the use of complementary functions in sourcing and procurement. By enabling a lightweight process, the scope item enables the user to procure operating supplies, as well as batch and serial-number-managed materials. Both processes can be summarized by the following three steps:
- Purchase order creation.
- Posting of goods receipt.
- Invoice creation.
Operating supplies are externally procured materials that are used to manufacture products and comprise auxiliary materials and expendable supplies.
The procurement of batch-managed materials enables the user to work with homogeneous partial quantities of a material. This can be leveraged for example to meet legal requirements, to track defects, or to ensure procedural requirements throughout the production process.
In alignment with the batch process, you can also procure serial-number-managed materials.
The previous diagram shows a process overview of the Complementary Procurement Functions (2TW) .
- The streamlining of procurement processes in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Enablement of highly automated processes for the procurement of operating supplies
- Enablement of highly automated processes for the procurement of batch and serial number managed materials
- The significant reduction of manual effort
- Support for the user in meeting the legal requirements and tracking defects for batch and serial-number-managed material
- The insurance of procedural requirements throughout the production process for batch and serial number managed material
- Enablement of the monitoring of batch and serial-number-managed materials
Key Process Flows
- Manage purchase orders
- Manage goods receipts
- Manage invoices