Introduction and Overview
Product Compliance is a way to manage the compliance for your products by assessing their marketability in different countries and regions, by classifying products according to dangerous goods regulations, and by shipping required safety data sheets.
For compliance-relevant products in a stock transfer order, the system checks whether a safety data sheet is required and whether the relevant safety data sheet is available in the specified languages.
If a product has been classified as a dangerous good, the system also checks if all necessary dangerous goods data is available, and whether transportation of the product is allowed.
Depending on the outcome of this check, the system sets the corresponding status for the item. Based on the item status, the system also sets a status in the header of the stock transfer order.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud for product compliance helps enforce compliance at each step of the product lifecycle. With the integration of compliance information in purchasing processes such as stock transfers, companies can ensure that safety information is available and compliant transports leave the company premises.
- Ensure safe and compliant stock transports of hazardous materials.
- Protect the brand and safeguard on-time delivery.
- Automatic check of all compliance-relevant products for available safety data sheets and allowed dangerous goods transports
- Checks executed at the creation of intracompany stock transport orders
- Automatic block of stock transport orders with items with missing safety data sheets, missing dangerous goods classifications, or forbidden transports on all modes of transport
- Automatic removal of blocks once safety data sheets and dangerous goods classifications are available and transports are allowed
Checks to prevent non-compliant procurement processes (Chemical Compliance Approval for Purchased Material and Supplier 31G)
- Block items if no compliant transport is possible
- Dangerous goods checks for the following:
- Purchase orders with own transport responsibility
- Intracompany and intercompany stock transport orders
- Intercompany sales processes
The following status fields for the results of the product compliance checks are available on purchase order header level and on purchase order item level:
- Product Compliance Supplier Check Status
- Product Marketability Status
- Dangerous Goods Status
- Safety Data Sheet Status
These status fields are available in the following apps:
- Manage Purchase Orders
- Create Purchase Order - Advanced
The product compliance status fields are available in the API service:
API_PURCHASEORDER_PROCESS_SRV on the purchase order header node and on the purchase order item node.