Convert Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders
A purchase requisition is an internal document that defines the requirements of a material or a service. This document authorizes the purchasing department to procure the material in the quantity specified for the specified date.
With the Process Purchase Requisitions app, you can display purchase requisitions. You can also use the app to assign sources of supply to the purchase requisition items and to create follow-on documents. You can only access purchase requisitions if you have authorizations for the respective purchasing group, purchasing organization, and plant.
Using this app, you can convert your purchase requisitions to purchase orders. Whether you can create one or several purchase orders depends on the supplier, purchasing organization, and purchasing group associated with the selected purchase requisition items.
Manage Purchase Orders
With this app, you can create and manage purchase orders to ensure that you get the ordered items on time, at the correct location, and in the required quantity. As a purchaser, you can manually order materials as well as services. The list of purchase orders that is displayed is based on the header level of the purchase order (PO), so the information shown relates to the entire PO. On the overview, you can immediately see the number of overdue items for each PO. The item categories consignment, standard, subcontracting, and third party are supported. The product type groups material and service are supported.
The following are the key functions of the Manage Purchase Orders app.
- Create a new purchase order
- Jump into the details of a specific purchase order to review it
- See details for Advanced Purchase OrdersNoteWhen you click the Advanced Purchase Order icon, you can see a list of unsupported features for each purchase order. Because these features are not supported in the SAP Fiori app, you can only edit or display the purchase order using the classic apps (Change Purchase Order - Advanced and Display Purchase Order - Advanced). You can click each unsupported feature to see which database entries are filled, therefore preventing you from using the SAP Fiori app.
- Edit an existing purchase order. Changes you can make to an existing purchase order depend on the status. You can edit purchase orders that are in the status In Approval.
- Create, edit, and display additional information to your suppliers in the form of texts in the notes section. NoteYou cannot edit texts containing formatting (SAPscript) using the SAP Fiori app. Changing formatted texts that were created using the classic UI technology (SAP GUI for HTML) is not possible with the SAP Fiori app.
- Add the supplier email address in the purchase order output using custom form templates.
- Save your personal filter criteria as a variant.
- View output items.
- Add attachments at the item level on the item object page. Purchasers can also copy item attachments from referencing and upstream documents to purchase order items when converting purchase requisitions to purchase orders.
- Manage a tax date in addition to the tax code.
- Exclude a purchase order from Intrastat reporting.
- Copy single items as well as entire purchase orders.
- Add from document.
You can reorder purchase order items with reference to one of the following purchasing documents that already exist:
- A purchase order item
- An info record
- A purchase contract item
If the supplier field is not filled in the header of the purchase order, then all the data from the referenced purchasing document is taken over.
- Select the Info Record Update checkbox under the Source of Supply section so that the info record is automatically updated with data from the purchase order when you choose Save.
- Assign a purchase order item to several accounts. You can distribute costs on a percentage basis.
- Create several schedule lines.
- Use the functionality provided by the flexible workflow. When you create a purchase order, a simulation of the workflow is triggered. If errors occur, you can use the error messages to analyze the issues.
- See details concerning the approval process, such as the processors involved and the status, under Approval Details.
- See all changes made to a purchase order (both at the header level and at the item level) in the corresponding printout document of the purchase order.
- Use the checks related to International Trade Compliance. Note that you cannot create a purchase order that violates one of these checks.
- Use the features available for Budget Availability Control, which are also integrated in other apps for logistics processes (Process Purchase Requisitions and Manage Supplier Invoices) that result in cost postings.
- Use Situation Handling to get automatic notifications when there is a deficit in the quantity of materials to be delivered by the supplier for any purchase order item.
- Use the Account Assignment Category Q to assign the material quantity to a specific stock needed for the completion of a specific project.
- Use customer defined account assignment categories.
- Work with item hierarchies as a means of grouping items (services or materials) in purchase orders.
- Find the comment from the approver explaining the required rework in relation to a purchase order on the Rework tab in the header section of the purchase order.
- View the Status Details on header level of a purchase order. The Status Details include, for example, information on the Delivered Value and the Invoiced Value of a purchase order.
- Include standard and custom purchase order fields in the Decision Tables as Condition Columns of the app Output Parameter Determination.
- Include purchase order item attachments in the purchase order output.
To know how to include attachments in purchase order items refer to the topic "How to add attachments in purchase order items using the app Manage Purchase Orders?" on SAP Help.
To add purchase order item attachments in the purchase order output, the configuration step needs to be enhanced. Refer to the topic "How to include item attachments in purchase order output using the app Manage Purchase Orders?" on SAP Help for more details.
View, assign, or unassign partners, for example, suppliers and their associated partner functions, such as ordering address and invoicing party, to a purchase order on the partner tab on header level of a purchase order.NoteAs a configuration expert, you need to enable the Partner tab in the app Manage Purchase Orders. In your configuration environment, use the search function to open the following activity:Maintain Partner Functions in Manage Purchase Orders Application → Sourcing and Procurement → General Settings. Then, turn the switch on by configuring the step Enable Partner Functions in Manage Purchase Orders Application. In a standard system setting this configuration step is switched off by default. Once the switch is on, you cannot turn it off.
If the Partner tab is activated and a supplier is maintained in the header of the purchase order:
- A partner with partner function (for example: BA = Ordering Address, LF = Supplier, RS = Invoicing Party), is entered automatically, if maintained in the supplier master data.
- A default partner with partner function (for example: BA = Ordering Address, LF = Supplier, RS = Invoicing Party), is entered automatically, if more than one partner with the same partner function exists in the supplier master data and one partner is marked as the default partner.
- If multiple partners exist for the same partner function and no default partner is maintained in the supplier master data, a partner for the specific partner function can be selected manually. (Business functions are, for example, BA = Ordering Address, LF = Supplier, RS = Invoicing Party).
Add a delivery address that overwrites the plant address or the storage location address. On the Delivery tab of the item you have several entry options. You can,
- Enter an address ID in the Address field
- Use the F4 value help of the Address field to search for a particular address ID
- Use the F4 value help of the Address field to search for a particular address ID filtering on an address group like for example, BP = Business partner, ME03 = One-time vendor addresses, SCTM = Transport Management Address Administration.For third-party purchase order items the field Customer appears on the Delivery Address tab of the item. You can enter a customer ID or choose one by using the F4 value help.
- Make use of the connection with Transportation Management/TM with regards to TM locations for incoterms.
Default User Settings
Using the Profile → Settings → Default Values, you can maintain the default values for the fields under Materials Management, which can then be used as a filter defaults while using the Manage Purchase Orders app. The default values for fields such as material, material group, plant, and supplier can be entered. They will be displayed as a default value for filter on the app. You may not see all the setting options; some need to be enabled by your administrator.
- The default values do not have any affect on newly-created purchase orders. When you create a new purchase order, the default values that are set will not display as default on the new purchase order.
- The values for Materials Management that are set using Profile → Settings → Default Values should not be confused with the values that are set using the Default Settings for Users - Purchase Requisitions app. The app Default Settings for Users - Purchase Requisitions is currently meant only to be used with purchase requisitions and therefore, values apply only while using the Create Purchase Requisitions app. It does not affect the default settings or values when a purchase order or contract is created using the corresponding apps. For more information about this app, you can check the module Requisitioning (18J) .
The support of Manage Purchase Orders (F0842A) SAP Fiori app on smartphones is deprecated as of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 and will be deactivated with SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2302.
You will no longer be able to use this app on smartphones as of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2302.
If you have been using this app on your smartphone, SAP recommends that you make the necessary preparations to be able to continue using the apps on one of the supported device types, which are tablet computers and desktop computers.
Post Goods Receipt for Purchasing Document
With this app, you can post the receipt of goods with reference to the purchase order with which you ordered the goods. If a material is delivered for a purchase order, it is important for all the departments involved that the goods receipt entry in the system references this purchase order. For example, this app supports warehouse clerks or inventory managers in their daily work.
Post the receipt of goods with reference to a purchase order, which contains order items that display single or multiple account assignments (procurement for direct consumption). With multiple account assignments, you can distribute the purchasing cost among different cost centers or projects, for example.
You define the account assignment distribution together with the accounting information and ordered quantity in the purchase order. You can make these settings for valuated and non-valuated goods receipt.
The app only displays the account assignments as further information. In the case of partial goods receipt, the app does not recalculate the distributed quantity.
Create Supplier Invoice
As an Accounts Payable Accountant for Procurement, using this app, you can create supplier invoices for your purchase orders based on the received document. You can also create credit memos, subsequent credits, and subsequent debits. You can specify the purchase order items to which your supplier invoice relates. If you select the Simulate or Post function, the system compares the quantity and amount data of each supplier invoice item with the data of the related purchase order item.
Monitor Purchase Order Items
With this app, you can display purchase order items and monitor their status, using filter criteria such as purchase order, material group, material, supplier, plant, and delivery forecast. You can also choose a purchase order item to view its item level information. You can enable your business users to predict the delivery date of purchase order items, as proposed by SAP Predictive Analytics integrator. The regression algorithm in SAP Predictive Analytics integrator is used to predict whether delivery of purchase order items will happen earlier than scheduled, on time or with a delay. Based on the predicted delivery date, your business users can take necessary decisions.
Users can access to product footprint data maintained in the Product Footprint Management application is provided via the menu of Material links throughout Procurement applications
Requesters have the option to open the value help for Material to see details and help guide selection when creating a Purchase Requisition. The value help for Material has additional two columns to show the amount of CO2 equivalent and unit of measure of the product footprint.
Manage Supplier Confirmations
With this app, you can create, manage, and search for order acknowledgments to ensure that you receive the ordered items in the required quantity at the defined delivery date. The list of confirmations displayed is based on the header level of the confirmation, so the information shown relates to the entire confirmation. With this new business object the supplier confirmations are now separated from the purchase orders, but still connected.
- Create new supplier confirmations from scratch
- Enter confirmations for a purchase order as a whole
- Process single or a series of confirmations at once
- Edit confirmations
- Add confirmation lines
- Add confirmation items and change them
- Delete whole confirmations, individual confirmation items, individual confirmation lines