Import Employees Application
The Import Employees app enables you to create and update personal details, employments, service cost level data, and skill tags for employees with CSV file templates. This app is used to set up the initial users in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition systems for project team members working on the implementation. In addition, implementation consultants use this app to create test users for demonstrating SAP Best Practice processes during Fit-to-Standard workshops in the Starter System.
The Import Employees app enables you to create and maintain employee information directly in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, without an external HR tool. When an HR system of record is integrated with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, new users should always be created in the HR tool. Existing employee information should also be maintained in the integrated HR system of record, however there may be a need to maintain certain data, like service cost level for employees (relevant for Professional Services), using Import Employees in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.
You can use this app to:
- Download the templates based on the selected Delimiter and Import Type.
- Fill the templates offline using a spreadsheet of your choice.
- Import CSV files. This triggers an asynchronous import and indicates the approximate processing time.
- Upload new employee data using Employee and Employment Import.
- Assign service cost levels to existing employees using Service Cost Level import.
- Upload the basic employee information using Basic Employee Import.
- Upload the skill tags of an existing employee using Employee Skill Tag Import.
- You can't delete data related to an employee or employment.
- Currently, only single employment is supported, however, data is time-dependent, and multiple splits can be created for data, such as cost center, employment status, etc.
Templates in the Import Employees app:
The following templates are available:
- Employee and Employment Import: You use this option to simultaneously upload the data of multiple employees. You can also update an existing employee or their employment data.
- Service Cost Level: You use this option to assign service cost levels to existing employees. Service cost level is an employee's billable rate for internal or external projects in the Professional Services line of business.
- Basic Employee Import: You use this option for most cases where time-dependent employment data isn't required and if you just want to create a basic user. It has only one template with all the employee and mandatory employment fields. You can't use it for terminating and rehiring employees. Multiple records with different values for data using time dependency aren't allowed in this template.
- Employee Skill Tag Import: This option supports append and overwrite . It enables you to either append the given tags to the available tags or to discard the old tags and overwrite them with the new tags.
Monitor Employee Imports
After importing a CSV template in the Import Employees app, you are automatically redirected to the Monitor Employee Imports app to view the progress. You can also navigate directly to the Monitor Employee Imports app at any time to view the application logs relevant for the SHCM-Employee Integration category.