Digital Discovery Assessment Overview
The Digital Discovery Assessment is used in the sales cycle to assess a customer's requirements and match them with the best SAP S/4HANA Cloud solution to fit their needs. This occurs in the Discover phase of the SAP Activate Methodology.
As a member of a sales or presales team, you will use the Supply Chain of Selling app to create the initial customer opportunity and follow the guided workflow to complete the Quick Qualification and Detailed Discovery. You can access all your customer Discovery Assessments in the Digital Discovery Assessment app.
The Digital Discovery Assessment provides an automated recommendation based on the customer data for an SAP S/4HANA Cloud solution, which could include:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
The Discovery Assessment provides an automated recommendation initially based on data input to the Quick Qualification form. This captures basic data, such as if the customer is net new or existing (installed base), if the implementation will be greenfield (new) or brownfield (system conversion), and country and industry data the solution must cover.
After the Quick Qualification, a Detailed Discovery is completed to identify the business processes, localization, known integrations, and additional parameters required. After the Detailed Discovery, the automated recommendation may change from what was initially recommended in the Quick Qualification. The automated recommendation from the Detailed Discovery is then reviewed by an SAP Brand Guardian, to verify the recommended solution is in fact the best match for the customer requirements.
Discovery Assessment Report
After a customer purchases a solution, the generated Discovery Assessment Report is used as a basis for setting the project scope when the implementation begins in the Prepare phase of the SAP Activate Methodology.
The report provides the following information:
- Known integration and extension requirements
- Localizations and legal entities
- The percentage of business scenarios (scope items) selected in each functional business area
- Individual business scenarios selected
- Selection of priority and which implementation phase the business scenario will be rolled-out (optional)
- Questions and notes raised by a customer regarding specific scenarios and the corresponding answers from the account team
- Additional business process-related requirements
- Detailed project-related questions