In this scope item, you manage the staging and consumption of components from the warehouse to production, as well as the receiving and storage of finished products from production into the warehouse. The user triggers material staging, which leads to the creation of an outbound delivery that is replicated to SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM).
The corresponding Outbound Delivery Order (ODO) in SAP EWM serves as the main document for material staging. A warehouse clerk creates warehouse tasks for staging with reference to the ODO. The warehouse worker moves the goods to the production supply area and confirms the warehouse tasks. A goods issue is automatically posted by the system. The stock is transferred from the SAP EWM-managed storage location to the production storage location and is now available for consumption.
After the production process is finished, the generation of Expected Goods Receipts (EGR) documents initiates the receiving of the finished goods from production into the warehouse.
- Support your high-volume warehouse operations with an integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and on-premise SAP EWM.
- Manage stock on a storage bin level.
- Integrate warehouse execution tightly with manufacturing operations, using a delivery-based production integration.
Key Process Flows
How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud Scope Item Process Models and Test Scripts
SAP Process Navigatorhttps://me.sap.com/processnavigatorSAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud → Select country localization from Version drop-down list → Solution Process section → Supply Chain → Warehousing → Use filters to locate scope items and associated Process Flows and Test Scripts.
Key Process Steps
Choose each property to learn more about it (a total of 23 process steps):
This animation describes the first 5 steps of the process.
This animation describes the next 9 steps of the process.
This animation describes the last 9 steps of the process.
Relevant Business Roles
The following SAP S/4HANA Cloud business roles are used for this scenario:
- Production Planner (Planned Independent Requirements, MRP, and conversion of planned order to production order)
- Production Supervisor (Review and release of production order)
- Production Operator (Staging, confirmation of production order)
- Inventory Manager (Check of material documents)
- Warehouse Clerk (Check of stock)
- Receiving Specialist (Check of inbound delivery)
- Administrator Data Replication (Transfer between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP EWM)