This process enables you to order goods from suppliers and to perform the putaway in your warehouse. The process begins with the creation of a purchase order and an inbound delivery in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system. If the delivery is relevant to processing in SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM), the inbound delivery document is replicated to the SAP EWM system, where it generates an inbound delivery notification that, in turn, leads to an inbound delivery.
Alternatively, the warehouse can be informed about incoming goods by using an Expected Goods Receipt (EGR) document. You can transfer the expected goods receipt information to the SAP EWM system in one of two ways:
- Pull data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud from within SAP EWM.
- Push the data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to SAP EWM.
The EGR document contains data for a purchase order and enables you to create an inbound delivery in SAP EWM that is replicated to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Support your high-volume warehouse operations, with an integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and on-premise SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM).
- Manage stock on a storage bin level.
- Provide flexible variations of the inbound process, by creating inbound deliveries in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, or working directly with the purchase orders (represented as Expected Goods Receipt) in SAP EWM.
Key Process Flows
How to Access SAP S/4HANA Cloud Scope Item Process Models and Test Scripts
SAP Process Navigatorhttps://me.sap.com/processnavigatorSAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud → Select country localization from Version drop-down list → Solution Process section → Supply Chain → Warehousing → Use filters to locate scope items and associated Process Flows and Test Scripts.
Key Process Steps:
There are two options possible here. The first option uses the Expected Goods Receipt (EGR) process in SAP EWM:
The second option uses inbound delivery processing from the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system:
Run a Simulation to Check the System Behavior
You can use the following simulation to work your way through the main inbound processing apps with focus on EWM integration.
Relevant Business Roles
The following SAP S/4HANA Cloud business roles are used for this scenario:
- Purchaser (Purchase Order creation)
- Receiving Specialist (Expected Goods Receipt, Delivery Processing)
- Inventory Manager (Material Document Processing)
- Administrator Data Replication (Transfer between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP EWM)