In this process, products that are delivered with the intent to be stored in the warehouse are received and moved to a storage bin.
This scope item describes the synchronous goods receipt for the external procurement process, where the procured products can post the goods receipt directly into the warehouse without involving delivery documents.
During the goods receipt process, batch and handling units can be created. The putaway warehouse task creation can be triggered automatically to execute the movements in the warehouse.
After moving the products to the final bin or the clarification zone (exceptional case), the warehouse tasks are confirmed accordingly.
With the 2108 release of SAP S/4HANA Cloud Warehouse Management packing instructions based on plant and warehouse are available. The FIORI apps now also support synchronous postings.
Delivery inbound processing with synchronous goods receipts offers the following advantages:
- Post goods receipt directly into the warehouse without involving delivery documents
- Receive products from different sources and store them in your warehouse
- Control and record movements of products and handling units in the warehouse
- Map your warehouse complex in the system down to the storage bin level
- Improve visibility and control in warehouse operations
- Handle exceptions
- Work with batches and serial numbers
- Attach files (such as pictures) to inbound deliveries
With SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 Warehouse Management, the quality management process is also fully integrated in this scenario.
The key process steps are as follows:
- Post Goods Receipt for Purchase Orders
- Display Material Document (optional)
- Create Product Putaway Warehouse Tasks (optional)
- Create Handling Unit Putaway Warehouse Tasks (optional)
- Confirm Warehouse Tasks Check material in clarification zone (optional)
- Create warehouse tasks from clarification zone to final bin and print warehouse task lists (optional)
- Confirm warehouse tasks (optional)