Using this business process, you can integrate the supply of products to production and the receipt of finished products from production into your warehouse.
This scope item describes the integration of warehouse production with synchronous goods receipt, where the produced products can post goods receipts directly into the warehouse without involving delivery documents.
You first trigger the staging of material that is requested by production. This activity results in a posting change delivery (warehouse-managed production supply area). Further process steps (such as the creation of warehouse tasks) are initiated based on this document. A warehouse operative moves the material to the production supply area and confirms the warehouse tasks accordingly. The goods receipt for the produced goods can be posted directly into the warehouse without involving delivery documents. Finally, the finished goods from production – to be stored in the warehouse – are moved to the final bin.
There are several business benefits connected with this process, which are as follows:
- Post goods receipt directly into the warehouse without involving delivery documents
- Integrate warehouse execution with manufacturing operations
- Manage stock in production on storage bin level, if necessary
- Attach files (such as pictures) to inbound deliveries and outbound delivery orders
- Control and record movements of products and handling units in the warehouse
- Map your warehouse complex in the system down to a storage bin level
- Improve visibility and control in warehouse processes
With SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 Warehouse Management, the quality management process is also fully integrated in this scenario.
The process consists of the following key steps:
- Material Staging for Production
- Release Production Order
- Staging the Release Order Parts for Production
- Staging Pick Parts for Production
- Create Staging Warehouse Tasks
- Material Staging with ad hoc Movements (optional)
- Confirm Staging Warehouse Tasks
- Confirm Production Operations for Sub-assembly
- Goods Receipt from Production with Synchronous Goods Movements
- Post Goods Receipt for Production Orders (optional)
- Display Material Document (optional)
- Pack Finished Material (optional)
- Create HU Putaway Warehouse Task (optional)
- Create Product Putaway Warehouse Tasks (optional)
- Confirm Putaway Warehouse Tasks