With this process, you can repack stock in your warehouse. The repacking process is executed in the clarification zone. Before starting the repacking process, you can create ad hoc warehouse tasks to move the products / handling units to be repacked to the clarification zone. At the end of the process, you move the repacked products/handling units to the final bin. There are different use cases for repacking:
- Pack stock into a handling unit.
- Repack stock from one handling unit into another handling unit.
- Unpack stock from one handling unit onto the bin.
- Support different internal packing use cases.
- Control and record movements of goods in the warehouse.
- Map your warehouse complex in the system down to a storage bin level.
- Improve visibility and control in warehouse processes.
Choose the correct language for closed captions (CC-label within the embedded media player), in order to choose your preferred language.
Key Process Flow
- Repack handling unit:
The packaging of an existing handling unit might not suffice the warehouse requirements. Therefore, the handling unit is moved to a packing zone where it is repacked, for example in another handling unit.
- Pack product into handling unit:
Unpacked products should be packed in handling units. Therefore, the material is moved to the packaging area, where a handling unit is created, and the material is packed into this handling unit.
- Unpack handling unit:
Some products should not be stored in handling units. Therefore, the handling unit is moved to the packaging area, the product is unpacked, and the handling unit is deleted by the system. The product may then be putaway again without a handling unit for packaging.
Business Roles and SAP Fiori Apps
The following SAP S/4HANA Cloud business role is used for this scenario:
- Warehouse Operative (EWM)
The Business Roles and SAP Fiori Apps figure shows the role and SAP Fiori app involved in the process. The warehouse operative is responsible for all activities in this case.