With this scope item, you can make posting changes, for example, unrestricted to blocked stock, in the warehouse. Posting changes can be triggered in two different ways. A posting change triggered by an inventory management posting reflects in an outbound delivery that is distributed to the warehouse as a posting change. Based on this document, you can create warehouse tasks to move the blocked/quality stock, to the clarification zone, for example.
You can also trigger posting changes by selecting stock and changing the stock type with the help of the warehouse monitor. By doing this, a posting change is triggered, and warehouse tasks are created to move the selected stock to the appropriate storage type, if necessary.
- Change a certain material stock type.
- Control and record movements of goods in the warehouse.
- Map your warehouse complex in the system down to a storage bin level.
- Improve visibility and control in warehouse processes.
Key Process Flows
Option 1: Warehouse:
The first option of the scenario triggers the posting change directly in the warehouse. For example, the warehouse clerk might want to change the stock type in the warehouse from unrestricted use to quality inspection or blocked stock.
Create posting change in the warehouse and print warehouse task lists as required. You create the posting change directly in the warehouse. The posting change is transferred to inventory management afterward. The warehouse tasks to carry out the posting change are created as well, if the product has to be moved. If the posting change is carried out directly, no warehouse tasks are created, as no movements are necessary in the warehouse.
Option 2: Inventory Management:
Posting changes can also be triggered from inventory management. If the involved storage location is warehouse management, the process still has to be finished on the warehouse side.
- Create posting change in inventory management:
- Posting change is triggered, for example, by transfer stock posting in inventory management. A posting change is created in the warehouse from the material posting in inventory management.
- Create warehouse tasks for posting change and print warehouse task lists:
- The warehouse tasks to carry out the posting change are created as well, if the product has to be moved. If the posting change is carried out directly, no warehouse tasks are created, as no movements are necessary in the warehouse.
If warehouse tasks were required and created, they are confirmed after carrying out the corresponding activities.
Run a Simulation to Check the System Behavior
You can use the following simulation to work your way through the main process steps about how to run the posting changes process from the warehouse.
Business Roles and SAP Fiori Apps
The following SAP S/4HANA Cloud business roles are used for this scenario:
Warehouse Clerk (EWM)
Warehouse Operative (EWM)
The Roles and Apps Used in the Warehouse Posting Changes (3BU) Scenario figure shows the roles and SAP Fiori apps involved in the process. Whereas the warehouse clerk or the inventory manager are responsible for triggering the posting change, the warehouse operative carries out and confirms the warehouse activities.