Challenges managing the modern workforce
In the subsequent figure, click on each of the highlighted boxes to reveal further information.
Business Processes in the Intelligent Enterprise Suite
SAP developed the concept of the Intelligent Enterprise to support businesses in tackling these types of challenges across the entire organization. The four end-to-end business processes that drive SAP's vision of an Intelligent Enterprise are: Lead to Cash, Recruit to Retire, Source to Pay, and Design to Operate.
The Recruit to Retire process addresses the challenges of workforce management by providing easily integrated systems that deliver a clear line of sight into the organization's business objectives, employee and contingent worker activities and engagement, and the financial impact. Within the SAP portfolio, this includes integration of SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Concur, SAP Fieldglass, and SAP Ariba to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.
Recruit to Retire Business Process & Sub Processes
An Intelligent Recruit to Retire process enables the end-to-end business processes of planning, sourcing, and managing all aspects of the workforce (employees and external workers), with a clear line of sight into the financial impact to support the enterprise in achieving their business objectives.
Click on each of the three blue boxes to reveal further information.
To realize the complete Recruit to Retire business process, the following SAP solutions are integrated:
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition is the core ERP solution and financial system of record that supports activities across the relevant Line of Business and Industry business processes. The Finance Line of Business (LoB) supports activities such as updating financial statements, making corrections, processing, maintaining journal entries, and closing the quarter end. The Professional Services LoB supports activities such as creating customer/internal projects, assigning work packages that define staffing needs to project activities, and maintaining project financials.
SAP Analytics Cloud
Embedded in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition analytic applications such as those supporting modeling the demand for talent.
- Employee Central is the HR system of record, which supports activities such as changing employee/employment information, employees requesting time off, and termination/offboarding.
- Employee Central Payroll supports payroll processing for internal and contingent workers.
- Recruiting Management and Recruiting Marketing support staffing activities such as recruiting new hires, opening requisitions, finding candidates, and making offers.
- Onboarding supports new hire activities such as employees completing required paperwork, receiving necessary equipment, training, and meeting new team members, in addition to offboarding activities for internal and external resources, such as initiating offboarding and employees signing required paperwork.
- Learning supports ongoing training and development for employees.
- Performance & Goals support activities such as creating goals and targets for the upcoming year, and facilitating performance-related discussions.
- Succession and Development supports the organization in preparing for staffing changes and aligning learning activities for employees with current gaps in the workforce.
- Compensation and Variable Pay support activities such as defining and adjusting fixed salary, and short-term bonus or merit-based incentives.
- People Analytics (formerly Workforce Analytics and Workforce Planning) supports organizations in creating planning models based on HR metrics to determine the talent demand, and visualizing and modeling HR data using a variety of interactive analytical dimensions and reporting tools.
- SAP Jam enables employees to collaborate, communicate, and share content in dedicated groups targeted toward different activities or business initiatives.
Supports travel and expense-related activities, such as planning and booking travel, processing expense reports, and reimbursement of business expenses.
Supports resource managers in staffing activities, such as opening requisitions, creating purchase orders, and working with suppliers. Contingent workers submit their time sheets through Fieldglass, which are then approved by the supervisor in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.
Supports sourcing and procurement activities, such as an employee purchasing a new laptop, or a project manager procuring services from a third-party for a customer-facing or internal project.