You now know how to create compensation plans and generate results that are communicated to your payroll team. From the point of view of compensation, our job is done, but an important part of compensation management is keeping the lines of communication open between you and your payees.
In this unit, we'll cover two features that enable this communication: Plan Communicator and Dashboards. Each of these features is enabled by default, but they can be enabled or disabled in the Sales Performance Home – Global Settings.
Plan Communicator is an easy-to-use tool that allows the compensation administrator to manage two-way communication about compensation plans with payees. It has two modules: Document Distribution and Dispute Management. Both of these modules include the ability to customize communications and create a basic workflow.
Use Plan Communicator to:
- Create and distribute plan documents
- Create a document distribution workflow
- Track the acceptance of plan documents
- Create and Track Disputes
Dashboards are a fast and easy way to retrieve the information that matters to payees the most. They are made up of a collection of widgets, arranged on a single screen to provide payees with a comprehensive overview.
To enable or disable Document Distribution, Dispute Resolution, and Dashboards:
- Select Incentive Management Portal from the application picker in the upper right.
- On the Incentive Management Portal, select Global Settings.
- Enable or disable any of the following settings:
- Enable Dashboards Tab in Portal for Payees
- Enable Documents in Portal
- Enable Disputes in Portal
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save.