Typically, the data used to calculate compensation originates in various source systems. The Data Integration process is used to ensure that this data is property mapped and updated regularly before each calculation is run.
For example, payees enter their sales transactions into a CRM tool. The transaction data is integrated into the system, where the payments are then calculated.
When using most data integration options, inbound data moves to a series of staging tables.
SAP SuccessFactors Incentive Management Data Integration Solutions
|Data Integration Solutions||Excel Data Loaders||Express Data Loader (XDL)||Smart Data Integration (SDI)||SAP Cloud Platform Integration||REST API|
|Use Case||Ad Hoc data imports||Small to Medium Sized organizations||Large enterprise organizations, 3rd party source data||Larget enterprise organizations, primarily SAP source data||Custom API client|
Business or Technical
Ad Hoc or scheduled drop
|Scheduled or real-time|
Scheduled or real-time
|Data Volume||< 1,000 rows||Up to 5 Million rows or 1 GB data per drop file||Higher Volume than CDL|
1,000 to 100,000 rows
< 1,000 rows per call
|Data Transformations||None||HANA stored procedures||Flowgraph based transformations|
|Connectors||None||None||In-built adapters / connectors for source systems|
SAP Cloud Platform marketplace
|License||Included in Core system||Included in Core system||Included in Core system||Available through SAP Cloud Platform||Included in Core system|
- Excel Data Loaders are used for ad hoc data loads on the user level. It is not designed for high volume data transfers.
- The Express Data Loader is an ideal solution for small to medium-sized businesses. This tool is included with the system and uses a secure dropbox to load high volumes of data. The data transfer is completed with HANA procedures.
- Smart Data Integration (SDI) is designed for high data volume and data transformation. It uses Web IDE, a graphical tool, to define flowgraphs for data transformations. SDI requires technical expertise to accomplish data integrations.
- SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) connects applications to transfer data from one system to another through the cloud. CPI is available through SAP Cloud Platform.
- REST APIs are new configured APIs. Typically, APIs are used for smaller volumes of data, with real-time integration.