In this section, we’ll focus on configuring forms. When configuring forms, you can indicate which fields and links are available on a form, as well as the order in which they appear.
You can configure both search and results forms for each type of entity in APMe. Search forms are the section of the screen that we use to filter the results. Results forms are the resulting forms that contain the data fields.
For example, the Producer Search form appears like the image below by default. In this case we are searching for a producer with the ID MM-001.
Once the producer has been found and opened, the form looks like this:
The possibilities for customizing forms are extensive, but some of the changes you can make include:
- Indicating which fields to include on the search form
- Indicating the order in which fields appear on the form
- Pre-defining the sort order of records in the search results
- Defining the way the form behaves when it’s opened
- Setting other form controls such as the number of rows shown on each page.
You can configure search forms to display differently by individual user, for all members of a security group, or globally for all users.