At ABC Corporation, you import file data from four external companies. You need to report on the incoming data by source company. To meet this requirement, you've decided to create four new document types for your file imports.
You can access document types in the SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting configuration screen. The document type groupings are listed in the Master Data area.
You can copy an existing document type if you need to create a new one. In our scenario, we need a new document type for the file import. So, we can go into the Define Document Types for Reported Financial Data activity for the relevant document types. Document type 0B is used for file imports currently, so all we need to do is copy it to a new document type. In the following image, document type Z1 is created:
Document types contain the following settings:
- Posting level: which posting level does the consolidation type apply to.
- Balance check: controls whether debits have to equal credits. For file imports, we’re importing unbalanced data.
- Business application: which type of activity does this consolidation type apply to.
- Translate to group currency: translate transaction currency to group currency (this option doesn't appear for posting level 00).
- Manual: document types for manual entries. NoteYou can manually reverse manual group journals. You can’t manually reverse automatic group journals.
- Automatic: document types for automatic entries.
- Manual: document types for manual entries.
- Post in transaction currency: the document type can post in transaction currency.
- Post in local currency: the document type can post in local currency.
- Post in group currency: the document type can post in group currency.
- Post quantities:
- Quantities can be posted when this flag is turned on.
- When posting quantities, you need to specify the Unit of Measure.
- Debit/Credit deferred income taxes: Set this indicator if you want this document type to automatically book deferred taxes during posting.
In the Number Range / Auto Reverse screen, you have the following settings:
- Number Range: A numeric value that identifies the number range for the number assignment.
- Auto reverse:
- Automatically reverse a document in the subsequent period.
- Entries in closing periods 12 through 16, are reversed into period 001 of the subsequent year when balance carryforward is run.
- Original and reversal documents are linked with respective reference document numbers.
- Consolidation frequency for determining the reversal period: The system will post the reversal in the next period according to the specified consolidation frequency.
- No auto reverse in next fiscal year: The system posts automatic reversal entries only to the current fiscal year.