Robert, our new consolidation consultant, wants to:
- Get into the use cases for data uploads from the ACDOCA table into the ACDOCU table working with SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting Data Collection.
- Understand what to pay attention to setting up the transformation from the ACDOCA table into the ACDOCU table.
You can use Data Mapping to transform and load data from the ACDOCA table into the ACDOCU table. Both tables are within the same SAP S/4HANA system.
- Retrieve additional ACDOCA data for statistical information (e.g., aging information of AR/AP).
- If ACDOCA data or details on Movement Type or Sub-item are missing, you can also use the Data Mapping to push the data to Group Reporting.
- Next to GLAccount, another field has to be considered in the Data Mapping to derive the FSItem in ACDOCU. This field would not be taken into account if you instead released the data in the Data Monitor.
- Keep one ACDOCA field that has to be added as a custom field in Group Reporting.
- Use the ACDOCA template if the data in ACDOCA does not have the correct granularity for ACDOCU.
If you're running multiple SAP S/4HANA instances or different S/4HANA systems, use Data Mapping to import ACDOCA data from a remote SAP S/4HANA system into your leading SAP S/4HANA system.
When your ACDOCA system is in another instance than ACDOCU, you can use the Data Mapping apps with source data in ACDOCA and the ACDOCA template instead of using the Release Task in the Data Monitor since the Release Task in the Data Monitor doesn't support this use case.
Once data from a source type "ACDOCA table" is processed by the mapping, its document type is by default set to DT = 0D.
To use the ACDOCA table as a source, you must first create a dedicated destination in the SAP BTP Cockpit, to let the application know the location of the ACDOCA table you want to use.
Your Excel Mapping file for this scenario also has to be downloaded using the Define Data Mapping app.
If you use the template for SAP S/4HANA Accounting table, the input column already contains column names from the ACDOCA table.
What the Meta-data tab shows:
- In column A, under "I", you'll find the input column names. These are the column names from the ACDOCA table.
- The output column names are in column C, under "O". These output column names correspond to the ACDOCU columns.
For performance optimization purposes:
- Specify source filter fields when you create the data mapping definition for ACDOCA in order to limit the number of rows to be processed.
- Delete all unused columns from your mapping file.
The list of fields to be processed by data mapping depends on the columns selected in your mapping file. If a field is selected as an input column, then the field is read from the source. If not, the field isn't read and the rows are aggregated.
Your mapping file can't exceed 6 MB.
By default, the following dimensions:
are automatically loaded, depending on the dimensions the user has selected in the Global parameters tile. You don't need to add them as target dimensions into your mapping file, except for the ConsolidationUnit dimension which must be entered as a target dimension.
However, FiscalYear, FiscalPeriod and ConsolidationVersion can be used as output columns. In that case, the global parameters are ignored.
By default, opening data (period 000) is imported for the Fiscal Period field. If you want to exclude opening data, you can add a filter in the Fiscal Period input column of your mapping file using the syntax "<>000". The output column on this mapping tab will remain empty, as we only want the system to read the source data for the input column filter selection.
Using the Define Mapping app, you must select ACDOCA Table as Source type if you want to load closing data from an integrated SAP S/4HANA company like TA00 into table ACDOCU.
Make sure to select Ledger as field in the Source Filters and as the Source Filters Value select the ledger from which you want to transfer your closing data into table ACDOCU.
In the mapping file, ensure that all GLAccounts for which you want to upload data into table ACDOCU are mapped to the relevant Financial Statement Items. This is necessary since even for integrated consolidation units like TA00, which are companies in Financial Accounting, the existing mapping in SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting is not run by the system when the data upload is executed in SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting Data Collection.
The figure above gives an idea about the structure of the source data in table ACDOCA.
Having executed the Run Data Mapping app, you will find the aggregated uploaded data sets for consolidation unit TA00 in version M30 in table ACDOCU.
The figure above gives an idea of the resulting data sets.
As you can see, Financial Statement Item 172100 - Investments in subsidiaries, has an investment of EUR 10.000 but as there was no information about the company/partner unit and the ownership percentages in source table ACDOCA, this information is also missing in table ACDOCU after the upload but is needed for consolidation. To add this information, we will correct the data set for FS item 172100 by using Data Mapping to transform and load the data correction from table ACDOCU into table ACDOCU.