Robert, our new consolidation consultant, wants to:
- Get into the idea of how to set up Data Mapping in order to transform ACDOCU data within the same SAP S/4HANA system.
- Understand when it makes sense to use this upload approach.
Use Data Mapping to transform ACDOCU data within the same SAP S/4HANA system.
- Copy missing consolidation units' reported data for non-material consolidation units.
- Supplement C/I control data.
- Manage re-classifications of your group reporting data.- calculate ANI with more flexibility than the ANI task in group reporting.- manage step consolidations.
See the following blog for details concerning Calculation of ANI with more flexibility:
How to flexibly calculate Annual Net Income in SAP S/4HANA for group reporting using SAP Group Reporting Data Collection | SAP Blogs):
When the Calculate Net Income task is run in the Data Monitor for a consolidation unit, the system automatically calculates and posts net income to selected financial statement items in the balance sheet and in the income statement of this consolidation unit. This balances the Balance Sheet and the Income Statement to zero by explicitly posting a net income/profit on both statements.
However, for certain uses cases, the Calculate Net Income task in the Data Monitor doesn't provide enough flexibility:
- Net income calculation is not authorized to be run if the reported trial balance in local currency is not equal to 0. Net income is only posted if the net income in the balance sheet equals the net income in the income statement. Otherwise, the Calculate Net Income task in the Data Monitor generates an error message. Even immaterial imbalances cannot be managed with this task.
- The Calculate Net Income task only considers a limited set of dimensions such as FSItem, Subitem, Profit Center, and Segment. You might require the possibility to include additional dimensions, standard ones such as Functional Area, Partner, as well as your own custom fields, too. You may want to decide to handle the Balance Sheet differently than the Income Statement in this regard.
SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting Data Collections allows you to meet just these requirements by replacing the standard task of annual net income calculation with a mapping job.
See the following blog for details concerning Step Consolidation:
How to run a step consolidation in SAP S/4HANA for group reporting using SAP Group Reporting Data Collection | SAP Blogs:
To use the ACDOCU table as source, you must first create a dedicated destination in the SAP BTP Cockpit, to let the application know the location of the ACDOCU table you want to use.
For performance optimization purposes:
- Specify source filter fields when you create the data mapping definition for ACDOCU in order to limit the number of rows to be processed.
- Delete all unused columns from your mapping file.
The list of fields to be processed by data mapping depends on the columns selected in your mapping file. If a field is selected as an input column, then the field is read from the source. If not, the field isn't read and the rows are aggregated.
Once data from a source type "ACDOCU table" is processed by the mapping, its document type is by default set to DT = 07.
If you have a template for the SAP S/4HANA Group Reporting table, the input columns already contain column names from the ACDOCU table.
What the Metadata tab shows:
- In column A, under "I", you'll find the input column names. These are the column names from the ACDOCU table.
- The output column names are listed in column C, under "O". These output column names correspond to the ACDOCU columns.
The mapping file you set up, can't exceed the size of 6 MB.
The figure above explains a use case of a combined data upload of data from table ACDOCA into table ACDOCU and a correction of this uploaded data within table ACDOCU.
The first step is to upload the data of SAP S/4HANA integrated consolidation unit TA00 from table ACDOCA to table ACDOCU.TA00 is an investor in several subsidiaries. One of its investment recipients is consolidation unit ES30. The upload from ACDOCA to ACDOCU only delivers the total investment of TA00 about EUR 10.000 but no information about:
- Who the recipients of TA00 are, i. e. the partner units,- how much of the investment of TA00 is invested in ES30
- The ownership percentage of TA00 in ES30.
So a second step is necessary in order to correct the uploaded investment data in table ACDOCU accordingly.
The missing information has to be uploaded as a correction of the already loaded investment data in table ACDOCU. First the data set of FS Item 172100 - Investment in Subsidiaries has to be credited by EUR 10.000.Then the data set of FS Item 17200 has to be debited with EUR 3000 which is the investment amount in partner unit ES30.
In parallel the ownership percentage of 70 % has to be posted between investor TA00 and partner unit ES30.
Setting up the Define Data Mapping for the investment corrections within table ACDOCU you have to make sure you set up the Source Filters correctly.
For example, field Consolidation Group must be selected in the Source Filters, and in case of the investment corrections (standardized data), the Source Filter Value must be empty.
Generally speaking the Transaction Data for Group Reporting - Read (API_GRTransactionData_SRV) service which reads data from ACDOCU, requires it.
This service enables you to select transaction data included in SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting, such as reported financial data, standardized financial data, or consolidated financial data:
- If you want to select reported or standardized data, do not specify any consolidation group values.
- If you want to select consolidated data, including inter-company eliminations and consolidation entries, specify a consolidation group value in the Source Filters section.
When applying the Period Mode filter, you should consider that you can set a period mode in two places:
- When creating your data mapping definition, the Period Mode field can be selected as the source filter. Source Filter value can be PER (Periodic) or YTD (Year-to-Date). This setting is optional
- When running your job, you can select Periodic or Year-To-Date as Period Mode for the target data you want to write. Periodic is the default option.
If you don't define a period mode in your data mapping definition, the period mode selected when running the job will be applied for both reading and writing.
After running the job, the job run header displays the period mode which has been used for writing data. If the period modes selected in the definition and in the job are different, the mapping log displays a warning message.
In Data Mapping apps, the "#" sign doesn't mean "empty". When you create a data mapping definition, if you enter "#" as a source filter field value, only rows that contain the value "#" are retrieved. If you leave the source filter field value empty, then only the rows with empty values in this field are retrieved.
If you want to import consolidated data, you must specify a consolidation group in the source filters of your mapping definition.
With the help of the mapping file, you set up the correction of the investment data as described above.